6

Chapter Six| Eden

"Theo!" I giggle, throwing my arms around him.

The tables have turned and now I'm the drunk one and Theo is the sober one. Ever since that man tried to flirt with me, he's been a grumpy pants. He's also had his arms wrapped around my waist the whole night.

"Small, we need to get in." He points to the door of my house.

"Oh yes!" I unwrap my arms and start to rummage through my clutch. "Keys, keys, keys!" I sing and stumble back a little. Luckily Theo is behind me, otherwise I would have fallen straight onto my butt.

I find them and then try to stab the metal object into the key hole. "Theo, it won't go in!" I whine and look back at him, pouting my lips. He bites his lip and reaches out to take the key out of my hand.

He unlocks the door effortlessly and ushers me in the house, closing and locking the door behind him. I look at his arms and gasp. "So big!" I wrap my hands around his lean muscles, he chuckles at my drunken behaviour.

"Bed." He picks me up and I squeal, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"No!" I throw my head back and groan when he starts to walk us up the stairs. "Theo, I don't wanna go to bed!" He grunts when I tug on his hair.

"Small, stop it." He grits out and opens my bedroom door whilst keeping a tight hold on me. He tries to put me on my bed but I grip onto him tightly.

"No!"

"Small, yes!" He unwraps my arms from around his neck and I fall back onto the bed. However I keep my legs wrapped around his waist so he falls back with me and lands on top of my body.

"Don't you want to cuddle?" I pout up at him and watch his face turn red.

"You had too much to drink." He shakes his head and moves away from me, making my heart drop a little.

"Oh." I look away from him. "You can go then, don't forget to take your contacts out." He sighs and then leaves the room, closing the door gently. I take my clothes off, throwing them at the end of my bed and then climb under the duvet.

I toss and turn for about twenty minutes before deciding to make my way down the stairs. I spot Theo laying on his back on the sofa, I wobble over to him, still feeling the alcohol in my system.

Theo releases a content sigh when I pull back the blanket and climb on top of his chest, burying my face in the crook of his neck. He doesn't say anything and just wraps his arms around my waist.

As I feel myself drifting off, I swear I hear him say the word 'mine' but it might just be my imagination.

•••

"Oh my God." I groan, when I feel my head pound. My face is still buried in the crook of Theo's neck and I smile.

All of a sudden I like being in his arms. I shiver when I feel the ends of his fingers brush along the length of my back.

"Small?" His morning voice makes me clench my thighs together.

"Hmmm."

"Are you feeling okay?" He questions.

"No, I don't feel good." My words put him into panic mode and somehow he manages to flip us over, so he is hovering over me. A frown is etched on his face and he looks me up and down. "It's okay, Theo. I just have a hangover from the alcohol, I'll be fine." I grab hold of his face and smile up at him.

He smiles and then this time he buries his face in the crook of my neck.

"I like you in my arms." He mumbles.

I don't know what to say, so I stay silent. I run my fingers down his back but pause when I feel the raised scars. Theo must sense my discovery and flinches. He gets up and moves to sit at the end of the sofa, near my feet.

"Theo." I whisper gently and sit up, he wraps his arms around himself and clenches his eyes shut. I can see his lips moving, I get on my knees and crawl closer to him, my knees touching the side of his thighs.

"Don't hurt me, don't hurt me, don't hurt me...." My heart clenches at how vulnerable he is.

"Theo, shh, it's okay." I coo, stroking his dark hair. He looks at me, his red eyes glossy. A small squeak escapes my lips when he pulls me onto his lap. I can feel his bulge and I try to control myself. "You can talk to me, Theo."

"I-I, I've never had anyone, treat me nicely." He tightens his hold on me. "But then I found you, small." He smiles and I smile back, happy that I am the first one to make him feel like this.

I'm that happy, I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. "The bad people use to hit me on the back when I'd d-do something wrong." I nod for him to continue, shocked by how much he is telling me. "I don't want to go back there, Small. Don't make me go back!"

"Hey, hey, don't worry." I reassure him, rubbing his back. "I won't let them take you." I shock myself when I kiss the top of his forehead. He sucks in a breath and looks up at me with wide eyes. "I better freshen myself up, we can watch another Disney film after. Only if you want." I say, rushing the last bit.

He bites his bottom lip and slowly nods his head.

•••

"I use to watch this film all the time as a child." I beam. Theo nods his head, keeping his eye on the tv, which is playing Lilo and Stitch.

However, half way into the film, Theo starts to lose concentration on the film and starts to fidget next to me. I turn to look at him and furrow my eyebrows. "You okay?" I gulp. He's looking at me with so much intensity, his eyes keep going from my eyes and then my lips.

"Small." He pulls me onto his lap. My heart begins to race.

"Theo?" He raises his hand up and runs his finger along my bottom lip.

"I want to kiss you."

A/N
This book now has 10,000 reads and 1,000 votes! Thank you for reading, don't forget to vote 💗