28

Chapter Twenty-Eight| Eden

A/N~ all I'm gonna say is you lot are not ready for what's about to go down.

I am woken up to Theodore kissing my neck and collarbone. I gently smile when I feel his curly hair start to tickle me but then remember his attitude from yesterday and the fact that he is keeping something from me.

I push him away and watch him pout. "Kiss?" He leans back down and tries to kiss me again but I decide to get out of bed. "I love you, small." He whispers and lays back down, turning his back to me.

I sigh and make my way out of our bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen.

I freeze when I spot Theo's phone on the kitchen counter.

However, I shake my head and decide not to take a look at his phone.

About thirty minutes later, Theo comes downstairs freshly dressed. I take this as my cue to go and get ready also.

"We're meeting Iris and Daniel at the centre in a couple of hours," I inform him and watch him nod his head slowly.

•••

As the day goes on Theo and I continue to talk less and less. We went to go and get the DNA test done but we won't find out the results for another week.

He barely said a word to Iris and Daniel but that was to be expected, considering they could potentially be his biological parents and it is all a shock.

Now we are back home and I've decided to sit in the garden.

I'm reading through a magazine before Theo comes out. I watch him duck through the door and then he makes his way over to me. I quickly look back at my magazine, pretending I didn't see him.

"Hi." He whispers, sitting on the chair opposite me. The sound of birds and airplanes in the sky surrounds us and I stare at him blankly. "I'm sorry, small. Is baby girl okay?" He asks, looking concerned, his eyes moving from mine to my stomach.

I nod my head and turn the page to my magazine. "You out here for a reason?" I quickly glance at him.

"I-I'll leave, sorry." He stands up and I sigh.

"Stay." He smiles and sits back down. "You ready to tell me what you're hiding?" I close my magazine and place it on the glass table in front of me.

He gulps and his eyes darken. "There's nothing to tell." With pursed lips, I stand up from my seat.

"I need to go food shopping," I tell him and I watch his eyes widen.

"I'll come with you." I shake my head to his answer and watch him pout his lips.

"I'd like to go alone." He stands up and cups my face in his hands and leans down to kiss my lips.

"Okay." He takes my hand and then leads me back into the house. He helps me put my shoes on and hands me my car keys. "I love you, small." I smile at him.

"I love you, giant." I reach up on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek.

"Stay safe." He calls out and I nod, climbing into the car.

I make it to the supermarket and start shopping for food. Theo is always eating the house out with his massive appetite. We're going through so many loaves of bread because Theo always wants a sandwich.

I suddenly have a craving for red velvet cake and make my way over to the cake aisle.

My phone starts to ring and I smile, rolling my eyes when I see it's Theo.