19

Chapter Nineteen| Eden

"Theo!" I yell out in panic. "No, no, no!" I cry out.

"Small?!" Theo barges in my room but then freezes.

"My jeans don't fit!" I whimper, trying to do the button up. "I don't understand!" I aggressively take them off and throw them at the wall.

"Don't do that!" Theo scolds and I pout. "I thought there was something serious going on."

"But they don't fit, this is serious." I whisper in hurt and then begin to rummage through my wardrobe again. "It's your fault I've put on weight. This is what happens when you get a boyfriend!" He furrows his eyebrows at me.

"You'll always look beautiful, small." He looks me up and down and then licks his lips. I roll my eyes at his horny behaviour.

"Yeah, whatever." I roll my eyes and decide to put some leggings on instead. I turn back around to face Theo, who is frowning at me. "What?"

"Say you're beautiful."

"You're beautiful?" I furrow my eyebrows and he rolls his eyes.

"No, small. Say that you are beautiful." He sighs.

"I am beautiful." I quickly mumble and I watch him clench his jaw then raise his eyebrows. "I am beautiful." I say louder and watch him smile.

"Yes you are." He then picks me up and spins me around. "I love you." He whispers and then kisses the tip of my nose.

" I love you too." I gaze into his eyes and feel my heart warm. "I love you a lot!" I grin and he grins back.

•••

"How is the baby, Lia?" I question as we all sit in her conservatory. I'm sat on Theo's lap and Lia and Zack are sat across from us.

"I've got a little bump, look!" She beams, lifting her top up a little and I smile as I see her little bump.

I feel Theo tense underneath me and I look at him to see he is looking at her with sad eyes. I grab hold of his hand and give him a reassuring smile.

"You okay?" I whisper in his ear and her furrows his eyebrows. "Theo?"

"I can't give you that." He whispers, his voice filled with sadness.

"Theo, stop worrying about it. It's fine." I kiss his cheek but his frown doesn't disappear.

"So how are you two lovebirds?" I turn my attention back to my best friend and smile.

"We're good." I nod and she furrows her eyebrows.

"Just good?"

"Great?"

"You better be looking after her, Theo." She playfully scowls at him but Theo doesn't get it.

"I always look after her!" He sits up, adjusting me on his lap.

"She's only joking, babe." I reassure him and rest my hand gently on his chest. I then stand up and hold my hand out to him. "Come on." He stands up and grabs hold of my hand. I look at Lia and she just gives me an understanding smile.

I lead Theo away from the couple and into the kitchen. I turn around and look up at him. "Talk to me."

"I want to make you happy." He reaches his hand up to touch my cheek. "But I can't do that." I step away and look at him, hurt by what he has said.

"Why do you always say things like this?" I throw my arms up in frustration.

"I can't give you a baby. Don't you want a baby?"