Last Night in Pyrrhia

Clash and company were all lounging about around the campfire. Enjoying the company before the new adventure. Darkstalker was creating magic tents (because of course he has to do that) around them.

"It's nice, spending time with you guys." Clash said.

"You're always with us." Quilbi deadpanned.

"Which is why I'm in a good mood all the time." Clash responded.

"Fair enough."

The campfire crackled as the last hints of the orange sun fell off the horizon, ushering in a night lit by three full moons.

"It's really pretty." Anemone whispered. Leaning against Clash.

"The nightwings born tonight will be mindreaders... maybe prophets..." Clash mumbled to himself.

"Clash? Hello!" Anemone nugged his side.

"Yea?" Clash was pulled back to the real world.

"Do you need me to hit you with my tail again." Anemone joked.

"Haha! No, It's just that..." Clash trailed off. His gaze lifted to the moon, and his eyes went from gentle gaze to cold a cold iron glare. "If we don't play our cards right, dragons will die." Clash sighed. "It was so much easier when I just had to hunt something dangerous. Drago e drago. The Darkstalker fiasco had us against an entire kingdom, which almost killed us. But now, it's me and all of you... versus a whole continent." Clash's gaze never sophened as he stared at the moon. "How do we face that?" Clash asked both rhetorically and to himslef.

"We face it together." Anemone leaned her head against his arm.

"Hm." Clash grunted in agreement.

"Hey uh, Clash, I got a question for you." Turtle said.

"Yea?"

"So you know that time you puked those bugs and coughed the skyfire. Where's you get it?" Turtle asked.

"Sinple. I chipped a piece off yours and ate it."

"What about that time you healed Queen Ruby?" Peril added.

"My body is filled with energy, which means I'm somewhat of a fast healer, drink my blood and you are as well for a time."

"What about that time your skin turned glossy and you fought Darkstalker?" Turtle asked.

"Well, from where I come from, extra strong and ferocious dragons had glossy and darker skin, it is the product of an unspeakable amount of rage. Such as losing a loved one. These were called tempered dragons. Your magic simply pissed me off enough to become tempered."

*later*

"Tents are done!" Darkstalker broadcasted.

"And that is my cue." Turtle got up, with Kinkajou following him.

"Goodnight." Clash waved.

"Goodnight." Turtle waved back.

Soon after that, Peril and Clay left. Then Anemone and Carnelian. Then Tsunami and Luna. The last to leave was Moon, giving Quilbi a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

"So..." Winter tried to start a coversation.

"Um..." Quilbi tried as well.

"So..." Clash thought desperately. Trying to think of something to talk about. But his mind went blank as the last burning log crumbled into red coals.

"Fuck it, goodnight." Clash got up and left.

"Yup, 'night." Winter and Quilbi also went to their own tents.

Clash began to walk to his tent. Just as he recged the opening, Darkstalker popped up.

"The tents are soundproof." He mentioned, before dissapearing.