Part 8 - The realization

Yugyeom frowned at the text he had just received from his hyung. Mark asked him to come to his room alone and without saying anything to Jaebum. The maknae promptly obliged and went to knock on the American's door. When it was opened, he looked horrified at the bruise on his hyung's cheek. Mark hurriedly dragged him in and closed the door.

"Hyung, who did that? Did someone attack you or something?" Yugyeom sounded worried, as his eyes scanned the American's movements. He easily noticed the limp, the marks on his collarbone and the evident pain etched on his features.

"Please, don't ask." Mark mumbled as he signaled the dongsaeng to sit beside him in the bed. The other just didn't look worried now, he seemed mad. Whoever did that to his favorite hyung deserved to go to prison. His two hands balled into fists as he pictured how he would strangle the culprit.

"Should we call the police? Is that psycho stalking you again?" Yugyeom walked to him alarmed. His hands trembled as he took his phone out of his pocket. However, a steady hand kept him from dialing.

"Look, it hurts to lift my arms, and I need you to help me cover this bruise with make-up. I don't need Jaebum on my case right now." Mark hushed, trying his best not to panic himself. He didn't want his ex-boyfriend in jail, and he didn't want go through the embarrassment of telling a court what was done to him either.

"Where's Jackson?! I heard JB talking on the phone with him. He wanted to make this surprise, and JB was supposed to get him inside your room before you got here. Shouldn't you be together? Tell me what happened. And I'll help you." The youngest was incensed, he hated when his members kept him in the dark about certain things. He was tired of being treated like a child. He wanted to help, he knew he was able to, they just had to let him do it.

"Jackson and I had a fight. We started throwing things at each other and let's say he aims better than I do." Mark lied pitifully. He thought that disclosing what had really happened wouldn't do anyone any good to the members, not now, not ever. The American had previously rehearsed what he was going to say, he knew the younger could be difficult. The elder just had to keep a poker face and exercise his creativity.

"Does he hit you!?" Yugyeom asked abruptly, raising an eyebrow at his hyung.

"Oh, God, no. He doesn't! It wasn't like that." Mark rolled his eyes at him. He sighed as he tried his best to convince the maknae.

"Mark hyung, seriously. I don't care how many times you guys have stupid fights over nothing, but if he hits you, if he gets abusive, this has to stop." The youngest never sounded so mature in his life, and although the American felt immensely proud of him, he was not ready to discuss that subject with anyone. It was too soon, and the sensations were still too raw. He felt like he would fall into a thousand pieces if he even dared to think of the details of that dreadful episode.

"Stop it already! Boy, just chill, okay. You really don't want me to describe to you how sometimes Jackson goes all 'Fifty Shades of Grey' on me." Mark insisted impatiently as he eyed the youngest playfully. He just hoped the other would buy his act.

"Oh my God! You guys are so dirty. Please spare of the details, otherwise I'm going to be scarred for life." Yugyeom covered both his ears with his hands as his cheeks turned pink. Mark found his expression hilarious, but he tried to suppress his chuckles, cause it hurt to laugh. His body was starting to ache all over again, and he was sure that whatever that helpful prostitute gave him at the brothel it was wearing off fast.

"Well, you asked! Now you promised to help me look presentable." Mark reminded him, and the youngest didn't pry anymore, but a glint of concern remained alive in his eyes while he managed to put some BB cream on his hyung's face.