Part 45 -The mission

"H-how come you are here?" Mark's stuttered, his voice no longer as confident as it was seconds ago when he was pouring his heart out to the maknae. Yugyeom eyed him impatiently, stood up from the sofa and informed the couple he was going to bed and that they should try to communicate better with each other.

"I owe you one, Gyeom-ah." The singer turned to the younger as he walked to the center of the living room. Mark's nervousness was clear on his features as he kept looking around the room, searching for quick exit. He tried to remember every single word he was ranting to Yugyeom since he arrived and all he could think of was the part he told him he kissed Jackson. His hands were already sweating and if he kept biting his bottom lip a bit harder, he would be drawing blood from it soon.

"Of course you do, hyung. Good night, you fools." the younger declared from across the room, as he waved goodbye to Jinyoung and winked at the American. However, before the maknae could climb the stairs to his room, a panicked Mark ran to him and quickly grabbed his arm.

"What is this!? Why didn't you tell me he was here!? Are you going to leave me like this after betraying me the way you just did?" The elder wasn't mad, he just sounded completely terrified and anyone could notice that. The younger just rolled his eyes at him and took another step in order to keep going up the stairs, but the other wouldn't free his arm.

"Stop being dramatic, Mark. You should be thanking him, after all, he's doing us a favor, since it's seems that I'm unable to make you trust me. Let him go and let's talk." Jinyoung's voice wasn't commanding, yet, his sentence didn't sound like a request either. The American looked down, still biting his lip, and released the maknae's arm. He seemed to deeply consider his husband's words. His eyes furtively followed Yugyeom to the top of the stairs till the youngest disappeared inside his room.

"I thought you were at your parents' house." Mark whispered, still keeping his eyes glued to the stairs. He couldn't meet Jinyoung's gaze, he didn't want to see the amount of disappointment clouding his beautiful dark eyes.

"I thought I warned JB to keep his mouth shut." The singer folded his arms and furrowed his brows.

"He didn't say anything, I just happened to see the note." Mark said quickly, before the younger could think his best friend gave away his whereabouts without his consent.

"Why were you at his apartment?" the Korean's voice raised unconsciously.

"He told me you would be there and I wanted to bring you home." Mark said tentatively. He knew his husband wouldn't let the subject go just yet.

"And still, you came here, to our Yugyeom." He chuckled dryly. "I thought you wouldn't run away from me anymore, Mark. I thought we were past that." Jinyoung said calmly as he sat on the couch. Mark didn't move from his spot. He wasn't sure if he could join the other on the couch.

"How come you are here?" the elder finally asked, looking at the couch, but not at Jinyoung.

"Going to my parents wouldn't help me fix our problems. Then I remembered the LA brothers have this kind of truth vow. You yourself told me the story behind your matching tattoos. Therefore, I thought that since you wouldn't tell me what was wrong, I should find out from him. Well, our maknae knew nothing, but gladly he let me stay for a while. And here you are, husband." The singer's tone changed, Mark could certainly hear now the bitterness gushing out from every syllable that came out of his mouth.

"Jinyoung." It was all Mark could say. He found himself at a lack of words for a good minute when he heard the younger's annoyed grunt.

"I'm listening, Mark. Talk! For the love of God, just say something! You were pretty eloquent while Yugyeom listened to you minutes ago. Why are you so quiet now, huh? You can open up to a child but you can't even look your husband in the eye?!" Jinyoung demanded, his arms flailing wildly, as he stood up again and marched in his direction.