Part 28 - The room

At 7 PM Mark's apartment was surrounded by bodyguards. Lee came to pick up his date, and he knew he would face some resistance from the other members of Got7. He wasn't worried about the American, he was sure he would follow him willingly, but he was certain that Jinyoung, Yugyeom, and JB wouldn't let him take their hyung without a fight. Surprisingly, when letter2u broke into the apartment, Got5 had locked a protesting Mark in one of the bathrooms of the place, trying their best to barricade the door, but the sasaeng's men had guns and the group of idols were suddenly at loss. They had to watch Mark being carried away from his apartment and away from them.

Mark was undeniably scared, but he wouldn't show it. The drive to Lee's mansion was silent, but the tension was crushing. The young, mentally impaired wealthy man, only eyed him sometimes, with an awkward smile on his lips. The American didn't know what to expect, yet, he wanted to make sure that all his comrades would be able to live through that night unscathed.

"I want your men out of my apartment and I want my members to be left alone. I'm here with you, aren't I?" Mark started, but the other abruptly brought a finger to his lips to silence him.

"This is not the appropriate way to start an unforgettable date night. Let's just talk about ourselves, shall we?" Lee answered, as he gave Mark a kiss on both his cheeks. The American froze with the contact, but kept talking when the other returned to his seat.

"I'm here for Jackson and you know that." The elder eyed Tae-U sternly, while the other just sneered at him.

"Your members will be in your apartment under the surveillance of my men till the night is over. I cannot risk to have them walking around to some random police station like Wang did last night. I have no intention of harming Got7 publically. You guys forced my hand when I released that 2Jae video. Do not think you hold all the cards here, Tuan. I do love you and I care for your dongsaengs, but I've got a very short fuse and most of the time, I'm forced to do things that I regret later. Sometimes I violently break my own rules, till there's nothing to hold myself back anymore." The sasaeng spoke softly, without expressing any kind of visible emotion on his face. That fact made Mark tremble, and he wondered how could one sound so carefree and look so menacing at the same time.

As soon as the car passed through the gates of the mansion, the American was led inside the luxurious house. The furniture and design of the place was stunning. Mark couldn't help but admire the large paintings hanging on the walls, or the huge chandelier that illuminated the opulent dining room that was presented before his eyes.

"How do you like my humble lair?" Lee asked, as he offered a chair to the American, who obediently sat beside him clearly uncomfortable.

"Looks fancy. That's all there is to it." He answered impatiently. He observed some butlers and cooks coming in and out of the kitchen continuously as they filled the splendid table with several different meals and beverages.

"Don't bother with them. They work solely for me, Mark. They will not aid you if you ask them to help you."

"Why so much food? Am I meeting your parents tonight, or something? For a first date I think this is too much, don't you think?" Mark replied sarcastically, as he realized how Tae-U could easily read his thoughts.

"You need sustenance, the night is long and I cannot have you fainting on me." Lee smiled weirdly at him. Mark felt nauseated. He was afraid to think of what the other meant by that.

"Can I see him? Please?" Mark asked, unable to contain his own anxiety.

"Soon. Eat something, drink. I promise you that nothing at this table is poisoned. Aren't you curious about me? That's your chance to get to know me better, dear. Ask away."