Part 13 - The insecurities

Three weeks later, their album was released. Got7 started promoting on all kinds of TV shows, and radios. They were constantly on online apps, magazines, social media and on the news in general. Korea supported the Kpop idols as if they were a national treasure. Success wasn't difficult to achieve with 'Spinning Top: Between Security & Insecurity'. They became global band ambassadors of several charity institutions and international brands. On TV, Vlive, or Youtube, or at any corner of the internet, they sounded entertaining as always and looked as handsome as always, but with an even larger fanbase backing them up. Ahgases all over the globe were avidly trying to buy ticket concerts for the 'Keep Spinning World Tour', however, in many countries, the tickets sold out in a few minutes. Mark and Jackson were the most popular members, of course, that ship was beyond famous now. The hero and the gentleman in distress. They even seemed to be a bit closer, after so many years of almost none skinship in front of the cameras. Some netizens even speculated that the Markson era could return and the Markjin era could be in crisis. Others would say that a MarkJinSon era was approaching. But the truth was that Mark and Jackson were indeed doing therapy together, and although Jinyoung didn't like the idea at first, now he could see that his boyfriend seemed healthier, more confident and even happier. Oh, and he wouldn't complain about his visual either, his dark brown locks and sexy veiny arms were a vision to die for. The American was in shape and thankfully sane. Jinyoung had finished his tvN's television series and now he could focus solely on the band and his lover. His interaction with Jackson was civil and Got7 couldn't be more grateful for that. If the members believed that Mark dating Jinyoung would cause a lot of tension in the group because of Jackson, they felt relieved now, to know that they were wrong. They had enough reasons to celebrate their wins on Music Bank, MCountdown and Inkigayo. It was at the backstage of Inkigayo that Jinyoung approached Jaebeom and brought him to an empty waiting room, away from cameras, staff and other idols. The singer wanted Got7's leader to know about his future plans with Mark, however, the other wasn't ready to hear what Jinyoung had to say.

"You will what?! Telll me you're joking!" the older interjected as he made a face.

"Look, it's not like I'm asking for your permission. I'm just informing you of my intentions. And I'm pretty sure he will say yes." The dongsaeng tried not to be affected by his hyung's scowl.

"Jinyoung-ah, your parents have no knowledge of what's going on in your love life since we got into this kpop business. You never even came out to them! You're not thinking straight! How can this magically work? I'm sorry, but I cannot give you the support you expect from me. We have an image to preserve. Supposedly, straight idols don't date, nor get engaged, or get married! Let alone to other male idols, in the same band!" Jaebeom couldn't stand his dongsaeng stupidity. It was a great day for Got7 and they were all in an excellent mood. Nevertheless, Park Jinyoung had to bring him down with his nonsensical talk of engagement.

"Look, I'm ready to settle down and I don't wanna wait anymore. I love him and I'm pretty sure he feels the same. I just want to boost our relationship status. It's not like we're going to spread the news to the whole world. It doesn't mean we're choosing a wedding date or that we're about to check out venues, buy a house and adopt kids. My parents don't have to know yet. We can be discreet about it. I only want to put a ring on his finger." The dongsaeng didn't want to have to explain his motives, but he knew had to. He didn't want to admit it, but he yearned to have JB's approval. The older always seemed to be able to beat some sense into him, however, what Jinyoung really wanted was to be convinced he was right.

"Not long ago you were involved with an actor. I was rooting for you, since you looked less miserable and stopped pinning for a guy who only considered you as a friend! Then, eventually, due to some kind of miracle, you get what you want, you start dating the love of your life. Everything seems fine, even though your dear Mark used to be Jackson's boyfriend! But you're not satisfied yet. Now the selfish Park Jinyoung wants more! He wants to make Got7's oldest member his idol fiancé. Oh, and don't let me forget the icing on the cake! He ignores what his beloved might think when he learns he'll never be introduced to his partner's traditional Korean family as an in-law! Shit is gonna hit the fan, man. You'd better be prepared to get in conflict with your parents and risk losing what you have with Mark." JB stated coldly, as he shook his head in frustration. In his opinion, the singer was about to make a huge mistake.