Part 17 - The Misunderstanding

"What does he know?" the incensed American crossed his arms around himself as he waited for an answer.

"You're forgetting that it was your boyfriend who texted JB, not me. I didn't even know you and Jinyoung were in this crazy 007 mission by yourselves, which by the way, was very stupid of your part." Jackson started, as he sat on the sofa and kept a safe distance from him. He was still plagued by the images of what happened at Jinyoung's kitchen once. He promised himself this conversation would not deteriorate the long hours they spent at therapy.

"Oh, is that so? What would you have done differently then?" Mark's tone was sarcastic as he sneered at the Chinese.

"I'd have brought myself out there, not Jinyoung! He obviously can't handle shit like that. I thought we were in this together, Mark." The rapper still couldn't believe that the pair had gotten themselves in that dangerous situation. He also felt bad for being left out. If MarkJinSon was letter2u's target all this time, he couldn't understand why the couple didn't tell him about the meeting. He considered Jinyoung too soft, and Mark too unstable. In his opinion, that wasn't a good combination.

"We! There's no 'we' anymore as far as I'm concerned, Jack. You made sure of that, remember?" the American gave him a loathsome look, one that made his ex's feel like the worst person in the world.

"For the hundredth time, I'm sorry! I know my words mean nothing, but they are all I have. Okay, you still resent me for everything that happened to us, that's fair. I understand that, I am mad at myself too! Nevertheless, I cannot erase that awful thing that I did to you in that brothel. Mark, I really wish I could turn back time, but it's impossible! If you want to take a swing at me, go ahead, do it! Tell the other guys, have me behind bars! But for the love of God stop looking at me like that! I'll do anything you say, just please, don't hate me." Jackson almost choked, as he looked away, unable to hold his gaze for too long. Mark felt an unknown pleasure to see his ex in such turmoil. He knew the Chinese well, and he could tell he was being sincere. He just wanted to make sure their secret was still only theirs.

"How did you get at Oryu-dong Station?" the American walked to the couch and made the other face him as he held his cheek and forced Jackson to look him in the eye. The rapper swallowed hard and started talking.

"I was practicing with Bambam and Yugyeom at the company. Then Youngjae and JB returned together. As soon as they entered the practice room I could tell JB was disturbed about something and it wasn't just the truth or dare game. Then he kept shouting at me, asking if I knew something about the meeting. However, I was totally clueless, so he showed me Jinyoung's text. It basically said that letter2u was back and that you and him were going to the station to meet a hacker that worked for that psycho. Our leader wanted to pick you guys up and so did the maknaes, but I stopped them. I convinced our members that the 7 of us at that Station would certainly bring a lot of attention to ourselves, even if we in disguises. So I took them to my apartment, told them to wait for me there and drove to the station as fast as I could. That's all. When Jinyoung mentioned he told Jaebeom everything, I'm sure he didn't mean 'everything'.

"Jinyoung knows about the row we had in his kitchen and the therapy sessions. I've already told him about those. But he also know about the poisoning and the choice I made between you two. He claims letter2u told him." Mark eyed him suspiciously.

"He lied, I was the one who told him. He wanted to know about Macao. I had to throw him off the scent by feeding his creative mind with something concrete. You can't imagine how difficult it was to get him off of my back." Jackson scoffed as he struggled to explain himself.

"Even though I told you not to. Why is that when I always say 'no' to something you just don't seem to listen?" Mark accusing tone was merciless and he knew how to choose his words well. Jackson looked down and put both his hands on his face. Shame and guilt crawled under his skin.