Part 52 - The Shift

"JYP wants to see us. I'm not sure whether he plans to fire us, makes us apologize and pretend that everything was just a joke, or simply gives us a promotion. At this point, I'm certain that he himself doesn't really know what to do with us." JB told Jackson while they were sitting at the company's canteen. The Hongkonger listened to Got7's leader while he fought the urge to just walk away from that conversation.

The day after the revelations of Doctor Lee, Got7's leader didn't know how to properly address the Jia Er/Jackson's situation, but 5 of the members had agreed that Jackson should be the one to bring up the subject first. Not surprisingly, the maknae was the only one against the idea and he informed his hyungs that if Jackson refused to talk soon, he would make him. Yugyeom reminded his comrades of the possible dangers of having Jia Er around, and they couldn't deny that the youngest had a point. A confrontation shouldn't be delayed. Then 2 plans were concocted. JB should be the one to invite Jackson to join him at JYPE's canteen to have a heart-to-heart with him. Any other place would be a hassle, since the idols could hardly walk around their own neighborhood without being recognized and importuned. Plan A was presented by the leader and Plan B was the maknae's responsibility. Jaebeom was supposed to get Jackson to talk about his DID within one hour, and if he wasn't able to, the plan B should take action. The group decided that if Jackson refused to talk about Jia Er, the plan B should be executed by Yugyeom and that meant, forcing the truth out of the rapper in a way or another. The moment Yugyeom approached the canteen, he was supposed to access the situation first, and as soon as he realized that JB's efforts failed, he should start plan B. The others were supposed to join the trio even if plan B was still in progress. Although the maknae didn't discuss with the others the details of his strategy, he just mentioned that everyone would be able to play a role in it. They just had to follow his lead and all of them agreed to it. Actually, they didn't have many options left.

"I received our manager's message. I'm aware of tomorrow's meeting with the boss. Why don't you just go straight to the point? I wanna know why you really called me here. The group chat has been quiet, none of the other members has contacted me since yesterday and to be honest I was expecting to be welcomed by a lynch mob today." The rapper looked guilty but something else haunted his dark orbs.

"So are you ready to deal with the elephant in the room?" JB eyed him suspiciously, as he took a sip of his orange juice. He wondered if the one he was speaking to was really the rapper or his alter.

"I'm quitting GOT7." Jackson answered him firmly as he met the Korean's surprised gaze.

"Because of the scandal? Or because you owe me a new closet door?" JB asked, still a bit taken aback. That one surely sounded like Jackson, he could be quite blunt about his own decisions, even if he knew other people could be affected by it.

"It's more than that and you know it. Yesterday was a long day." Jackson whispered pondering his own words. The Korean wondered if Jia Er had left a letter to the rapper describing the mess he left at Jinyoung's apartment the day before. He couldn't be sure. Jaebeom kept checking his watch in order to know how much time he still had to convince Jackson to come clean about his disorder. Whatever Yugyeom had in mind, JB knew it would be harsh. Therefore, he hoped that a more dramatic scenario could be avoided.

"Tell me about it." JB ran a hand through his hair nervously as he observed Jackson's lost expression.

"Let me see, if I remember correctly, after I locked you up with Youngjae, I almost choked Jinyoung to death, probably scaring the hell out of Mark. Oh, and I was the one who technically, initiated this whole scandal thing, am I right? I put that damn journalist there. I mean, it would be MarkJin or 2Jae coming out at that press conference whether you guys wanted it or not. Did I miss anything? You 6 won't want me in the band after all that shit. To be honest, I don't feel like I belong with Got7 anymore." The rapper sounded truly disappointed at himself, JB took notice of that.