Part 18 - The call I

"Jackson, I know it's late but I'd like to have a word with you, if you don't mind." The singer started, trying to sound as calm as possible. After his boyfriend's revelation, he knew he would need all the help he could get from the people closest to the American. He was aware that besides him, there was someone else in Got7 who knew Mark intimately and maybe that person would be able to provide him some sort of enlightenment.

"What else do you want? You got yourself the best guest room in my apartment and you get to share it with Mark! You get to shamelessly fuck him here with a clear conscience. To be honest, that seems a lot already. But you know what? I'm an extremely generous host. Just let me know if I can be of any further service to you." Jackson said sarcastically as he gulped down the whole liquid inside his glass and offered another to his dongsaeng. The singer could tell he was drunk, but still, he took the glass from the older and gave it a sip. He understood his friend's sour temper and to deal with it he didn't have to be totally sober. God knows he needed that drink.

"It's a bit late for this kind of beverage, don't you think?" Jinyoung asked as he tasted the dry flavor flooding his mouth. The other scoffed.

"It's a bit late for a lot of things Park Jinyoung, especially apologies." The Chinese shot him an irksome glare and sat on an easy chair beside his nightstand. He offered another chair to the younger and quickly gulped down a second shot of whiskey.

"I didn't knock on your door at this hour to apologize for something I'm not sorry for. You know me better than that." The singer sat beside him and admired the gorgeous view from his hyung's window. The moon outside was undoubtedly a sight to behold.

"Just go straight to the point, then. Before I pass out." Jackson insisted, downing another shot.

"Has he told you about the rape?" Jinyoung promptly cut to the chase. The rapper almost dropped the bottle on his hand as he was about to pour himself another shot. His shocked expression caught the singer out of guard.

"Excuse me?!" the rapper managed to say as he eyed the other in disbelief. He wondered if he had drunk too much or if his hearing was playing tricks on him.

"For some reason I couldn't believe I was the only one he opened up about it." The younger suddenly regretted bringing up that topic. He felt like he was betraying his lover's trust.

"What are you saying, Jinyoung?" Jackson found hard to believe that Mark would reveal that secret to someone, after the American himself made him swear not to tell anyone.

"Long story short, middle school was a nightmare for him. Bullying, drugs, cutting, self-attempted hanging, admission to a mental institution, and an abominable P.E. teacher that molested him." The Korean's voice almost cracked as he briefly described what his lover confessed to him. The rapper was confused for a moment. He realized that his band mate was talking about events that he had never heard about and definitely had nothing to do with what happened in Macao.

"Are we still talking about Mark Tuan Yien here? As far as I know he was very popular back in America, you know, the typical rich kid without a worry in his life. Lots of friends, very good at sports, he had satisfactory grades and he dated one of the hottest babes at his school. Where did you hear those things?" The Chinese wasn't sure of what to think anymore. He had come to learn that his ex was very good at hiding his own feelings and keeping secrets to himself.

"Then he lied to one of us. And I'm sure he didn't make it all up just to make me feel sorry for him. You did not see his face, how his whole body came undone before my eyes. I'm not the one he lied to, Jacks." Jinyoung stated. And for the first time, after months dating Mark, he felt totally confident in that relationship. He noticed that Jackson swallowed hard those words.