Part 10 - The End?

Mark threw himself on him and pushed him to the floor roughly. Jackson started laughing maniacally as he easily avoided Mark's punches. Youngjae desperately ran out of the room to call the others, and when the rest of Got7 arrived at the scene, the two were already rolling on the floor as all kind of English curses escaped Mark's mouth. The members weren't sure if Jackson was using Mandarin or Cantonese, but they couldn't understand a word that he pronounced. He wasn't fighting back, yet he was having a hard time at trying to get the American away from him. Jaebeom was the first to try to separate the fight. Soon Jinyoung, Bambam and Yugyeom joined him. Youngjae just stared at the mess, feeling guiltier as ever. Before they managed to finally pull Mark away from the Chinese, the elder had the chance to scratch one side of the rapper's face pretty bad.

"What the hell, Mark. We have a Fan Meeting tomorrow! Do you want him to show up there like Edward Scissorhands?" JB exclaimed as he held Mark by the chest against a wall, trying to calm down the elder. The others tended to Jackson who was already up, but gave a grimace of pain when he touched his wounded cheek.

Practice was cancelled that morning. Their manager gave them a long lecture and an ultimatum. Either they fixed their personal issues by themselves, or he would inform the situation to JYP himself the next day. JB knew that he had to take action, even if he didn't want to. So he gathered all of the 6 members in an empty meeting room at JYP building and warned them that nobody was to leave the room before everything was back to normal. It was almost noon and no one dared to speak first, so he started addressing the Chinese.

"Jackson, I know it's not my business, but this has gone too far. Why the hell were you guys clawing at each other's face at the changing room?"

"You're right. It's not your business." The rapper answered sternly, his voice unusually deeper.

"Well, I'm making it my business now, you piece of shit! You had the chance to fix this your way, now we do it my way. Just bear with it, okay?! I'll no longer let the unprofessionalism of some members harm this group." The leader's eyes travelled from Mark to Jinyoung and then returned to Jackson.

"I broke up with Kwon and Mark broke up with Jackson. No one is to blame, it just happened." Jinyoung commented, as he felt the need to clarify to JB that he had nothing to do with the problems which plagued the Markson couple. But his plan backfired, it was too late to turn back now, because that single information sounded too suspicious. Both brake ups sounded intentional and more likely, a consequence of each other. Jaebum looked at him in disbelief. Jackson gasped and the young ones were too shocked to even comment on the news.

"Who's kwon?" Yugyeom asked innocently. He was the only one in that room unaware of the latest news. His best Thai friend didn't tell him about what Youngjae and him saw the other day, so it seemed he was the only one in the dark about Jinyoung's short affair.

"Well, he's history now. That's what matters." Mark pointed out, as he unconsciously his lip. Jinyoung touched his cheek in an attempt to keep him from breaking the skin and that mere gesture made the room focus on them more than necessary. Jackson sighed loudly.

"I'm glad you've moved on so quickly after all that happened between us. I see you wasted no time in replacing me." The rapper did not sound angry, but hurt dripped from every single word that left his mouth.

"If you're talking about the shit I had to put up with all these years, well, yeah, it wasn't difficult to put all that behind me!" Mark almost yelled. It was clear he was lying. It was hard for him, so hard that he could hear his heart shattering every time he looked at the Chinese and remembered how his mere presence was able to calm him down. Now there was so much resentment between them, that just listening to his voice gave him the chills. If it wasn't for Jinyoung's hands on his under the table, he would be digging his nails into his palm.