Chapter 18: The ball (Writer's POV)

Hello! I am hoping to reach 105 comments for this chapter. Please help me. And 110 for next chapter. Also the person who comments the most will get a shoutout and a follow.

''Ughg waittt...just thisss'' Wanda concentrated as she tried to wear her hoop earrings, ''Umm...done!''

''C'mon woman! I hosted the party! it isn't good to arrive late myself!'' Fidelio groaned.

''Okayyy I am here!'' Wanda announced as she grabbed her dress, slightly pulling it upwards to keep it off the floor and walked out of the room with her phone and a tiny purse. Fidelio turned at the sound of the ticking of heels. As he did, the frustrated lines on his forehead vanished and his brows arose while his mouth curled into a 'o' . For a moment all seemed to get still right there...Everything seemed to stop and the only thing moving was Wanda, making way gracefully around the lobby to the other side of the room. It was like those slow motion, focused moments where there was only one thing taking away all the spotlight. All the glamor, all the attention. Here, it was Wanda. Her Burgundy dress was so gorgeous and it got even more sexy on her hourglass body. Her light jewelry paired with her Killer high heels and Bold red lipstick made her appear so much more empowered. Like she was ready to break many hearts tonight. Like it was her only aim.

''Hey mister?'' she snapped her fingers at Fidelio upon approaching him, ''Stop staring!'' she laughed.

''Te ves maravillosa! '' He remarked, still awe-struck and eyes as big as they could get.

''UH...what?'' She made a confused face.

''Oh...I am sorry...I..I mean you look stunning!'' He corrected coming out of his hypnosis.

''Why thankyou! you yourself don't look bad either...I am just kidding you look extremely alluring and dazzling! If you plan to bring women here tonight please keep the noises low'' she Laughed.

''My my big words I see! Well Gracias! But NO! the only woman coming back with me here tonight is gonna be you. Now may we go before guests arrive?'' Fidelio asked.

''Uh huh okay'' Wanda said taking the lead.

                                                                               ********

The ballroom was gigantic. Huge!!! Don't even get me started on the interior. It was Paris. What else do you expect? The grand doors opened up to a massive hall with glittering chandeliers and twinkling lights all around. It was a place filled with crystals and bright lights. There were tables and sofas surrounding the corners and buffet tables everywhere. Wanda's eyes widened at the food. Yumm...she thought as she licked her lip. Oh God...some things will never change...Fidelio thought looking at Wanda.

''Hey come let's see if everything's right.'' Fidelio said and took Wanda with him.

After making sure that everything was okay and that the arrangements were great, the time for the arrival of guests came. Fidelio and Wanda went to the main hall and stood above the massive stage with two huge staircases cupping it from both sides. They each had a black mic in their hands.

''Ladies and gentlemen! First of all a huge welcome to you all! I am so happy to be the host for tonight. As we all know that this gathering is held for-''Fidelio started.

''That's why I hate them...''Wanda thought, ''If only Del could be more considerate about me and had just not kept it I a would still be at the hotel chillin-''

''What do you say about it Wanda?'' Fidelio questioned on the mic. The people turned their eyes to Wanda, waiting for the answer.

''Uh...YES! We will have a wonderful time tonight!'' Wanda spoke what came in her mind first.

''Hey! you don't have to say that!'' Fidelio whispered.

''Don't I?'' Wanda whispered drawing her brows together.

''I asked about the partnership with L&J. '' Fidelio whispered-shouted.

''Ohhh.... WELL ladies and gentlemen! I may as well add what I think about our collaboration with L&J. Glorious! it is going to be sheer glory to both of our companies. So as Fidelio has already talked about why we are here, I say why don't we begin the fun that awaits us?'' Wanda asked smirking. As she did, the people cheered and clapped, indicating that it was what they wanted too. ''So let's get the music on!!!''

                                                                        *******

''Okay that is not how we should normally get the music started at gatherings like these Wanda...'' Fidelio complained as they stood near a buffet table , eating eclairs.

''Thaf if Nof? I thoughf thaf waf. Hehehehe'' She grinned, making an éclair nearly drop out of her mouth which she caught between her teeth.

''Ahhh!...Wat...er...chok..ed..'' she blurted out as she coughed.

''Oh fuck....here!'' Fidelio said grabbing a nearby glass of water as he gently tapped her back.

''Ohh...it's better...it's okay...it's down'' she sighed as the éclair slided down her throat.

''And that is why you don't talk and laugh while you eat.'' Fidelio said patting her head slightly.

''Hehehehe'' she grinned.

The music was slow and soothing. All the people were pairing up and dancing happily. The songs changed quickly and people followed. First there was a dance with 4 people dancing in square forms. A specific beat signaled that the people would change partners, and then would dance in a pair of two. It was so mesmerizing to see those specific patterns.

"Hey! would you like to dance?" Del asked out of the blue.

"Uh...okayyyy...." Wanda replied before grabbing another eclair and popping it into her mouth as she went towards the middle of the hall holding onto Del's arm.

The music was beautiful. They both danced slowly but passionately enough that some people stared but some stopped altogether. It was a good dance. Del himself was exceptionally great at it. He tried leading it several times, Trying to establish his dominance However Miss Anthem over here were way more confident and thus way more magnificent. It made her naturally lead the dance. It is also true that Wanda was enjoying it just as much as Del was. However I doubt She would be enjoying equally as Del loved her for God's sake! He was so extremely happy he got to dance with her. But yeah it is also true that Wanda was missing something badly.......Flynn.....She was missing Flynn. She was missing how he held onto her and lead the dance. How he twirled her like she had never been twirled before. He was so so gentle yet being so aggressive at the same time. It was magical. She missed that magic.

No amount of joy could ever equal the joy she got when she saw him.