Chapter 18

The next morning Jessa wakes up and heads downstairs where the other boys were.

"So, the party animal herself finally decided to wake up." Jonah teases her.

"Honestly though, were you, like, high or something?" Zach laughs.

"Just because I'm happy doesn't mean I'm drugged." Jessa sits on the couch.

"We've been living with you for months and you have never acted like that." Jack points out.

"I guess I just act different around different people."

They are interrupted by Corbyn getting up to leave. "I'm meeting Christina for brunch, I'll see you guys later."

"Bye."

When Corbyn opens the door to leave, London slips through.

"Jessa, I'm so sorry. You were right when you said it was too soon, but I pushed you to do it and I'm so sorry." She marches up to everyone in the living room and begins paseing.

"What are you talking about?" Jessa asks.

"People are calling you a slut on Instagram." London puts her fist up to her mouth.

"But they're also calling me pretty, so I think it evens out." Jessa says.

"Look, London, Jessa is fine. Can we go out to eat now?" Daniel groans, getting up.

"Ok, Danny. Are you sure you're ok, Jess?" London turns to Jessa.

"Totally, yesterday was really fun, thank you." Jessa smiles.

"Ok, let's go, Danny." London holds out her hand and Daniel grabs it as they leave.

After they are gone, Zach checks his phone. "Hey, Jonah we should go to the store now, then we can pick up some food on the way back."

"Oh, ya. That sounds good. I say we get subs." Jonah looks to the rest of them as they all nod their heads in agreement. He then gets up and takes his mug of coffee over to the sink.

"You guys want anything?" Zach asks them.

"Nothing I can think of, but I'll text you if I think of anything." Jack says.

He gives them a quick, "ok," before leaving with Jonah.

From the other side of the couch, Jack flips through Netflix shows until finding one he wants to watch.

Getting comfortable, Jessa released her hair from the bun it was in and runs her fingers through it.

Jack glances over at her and turns back to the tv. "You know, your hair looks really good down and natural like that."

Jessa scoffs. "No, it's a mess, I still haven't taken a shower after last night."

"That doesn't mean you're not beautiful." Jack looks over to her and smiles sweetly.

Jessa blushes. They are both silent for a moment, looking at the TV.

"Did you have fun at the beach yesterday?" Jessa asks.

"Ya, it was good to be out and not in the studio or a meeting. I can see why you like being a photographer so much, getting to go out and kinda explore." Jack moves his eyes from the TV to look out the window.

"Ya, but you're literally a pop star. Jack, you're going on tour! You're going to travel the world, you'll get to see so much. And you'll be singing on stage for thousands of people." Jessa watches him.

Jack looks over to Jessa. "You're right." He smiles.

"I'm going to get so many great pics of you guys." Jessa looks back to the TV.

"But whose going to get pictures of you?" He looks at her amused.

"I'm a photographer, not a model."

"The rest of Instagram thinks otherwise. I think otherwise."

"Yesterday's photo shoot was a one time thing." Jessa says.

"We'll see about that." Jack smirks.

"Oh, shut up" Jessa punches him playfully.

"Hey, why don't we go for a walk or a hike or something?" Jack suggests.

"Sure, I'll go takes a shower." Jessa begins to get up.

"No," jack groans, "how you look now is perfect, let's just go."

Jessa laughs, "Fine, but I'm putting my hair up at least." He throws her head down and gathers her hair together in a bun.

"Let's just get out of here." Jack grabs her arm and pulls her out the door.

A few minutes into their walk Jack started asking questions. "So, how are you doing with the whole Tristan thing?"

"I told you guys already that things didn't end on bad terms. Tristan and I are fine."

"Then why didn't you talk to him yesterday. He stopped by the house to drop stuff off. He said you knew he was coming."

"I don't know, things are just awkward I guess." Jessa watches the ground.

"So awkward that you had to kiss another guy in front of him." Jack says, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Hey, he kissed me. And I meant nothing."

"It just didn't seem like something you would do."

Jessa sighs, "I know. It's not like me. It's just that something in my head just went off that night, like I've been playing it too safe. I have to live a little."

"I like this new Jessa. I just think she should keep her lips off of strangers." He jokes.

Jessa laughs and smiles up at him.

They continue walking, chatting and asking questions.

"You know what time it is?" Jessa takes out her phone. "It's picture time."

"Only big I get to take a picture of you too." Jack says.

"No, come on." Jessa groans.

"We're doing this. Smile." He takes out his phone and points it at Jessa. He takes a quick photo before Jessa makes him stop.

 He takes a quick photo before Jessa makes him stop

Jackavery- getting that fresh air @jessapictures

"Ok, ok. We're done, it's my turn to take the pictures now." Jessa takes out her phone and walks in a circle around him finding the light.

Jessapictures- finally I'm the one behind the camera @jackavery

"Zach says they are on their way back, we should head back too." Jessa says.

Jack sighs exaggeratedly, "ok." He smiles at her.