Chapter 17

BOW!

this a long one kiddies, getcha popcorn

excuse any errors

vote, comment, and enjoy my luvs💕

----//----

"You late."

"Mama." Kentrell stopped to give the woman a blank look. "Please don't start." He rolled his eyes, giving the older a quick side hug while trying to figure out where the hell they were going to put the kids, because they were too young to sit in high chairs and were both in their carriers. The restaurant was buzzing and crowded as all hell, so he was glad the woman reserved a booth for them beforehand.

"I'm just sayin'."

"And I'm sayin' please don't start. The twins was bein' fussy and we almost had to leave them with grandma, so be happy that wasn't the case and you get to see yo grandkids fo' the first time. Na, please watch them while me and they daddy figure sum shit out." He mumbled.

The woman suprisingly put her hands up in peace. "Aight, aight, I'll stop. Go head baby, you so adorable, bein' all motherly and shit."

A smile found its way on his face and he shook his head at the woman, before going to find Sheyaa, who was already talking with the people at the front. Thankfully the restaurant had baby carrier stands, and they were given two, and Kentrell was finally able to sit down while he and his mother watched Sheyaa set everything up.

Truth be told, he was just a tad bit nervous, because this dinner was kind of a big deal. This was not only the first time Kai and Kaiyah were meeting their grandma, but was also the first time Sheyaa would meet his mom. He only ever told the two about each other, so they knew of one another but had never met.

Sheyaa had very bluntly told him that he wasn't the biggest fan of his mother, seeing as though Kentrell never really had much good to say about her whenever she was brought up. And his lover being the way he was would never let anyone disrespect him and get away with it, parent or not, so he was crossing his fingers Savage didn't come out tonight.

His mother on the other hand, had always had a smart mouth and was quick to snap on anyone, and it was always out of nowhere too, one second she could be cool and the next she was cussing you out. Kentrell didn't know what to expect from that woman; she was a wild card. People thought that he was bipolar, but he was a hundred percent sure he got that from the older.

They quitely looked over their menus, before their bored ass looking waiter came and took their orders, leaving afterwards. As they waited for their appetizers and drinks to come out, Sherhonda didn't even try to be sneaky as she looked Sheyaa over, eyes analyzing.

"So...you the nigga who managed to knock up ma baby?"

"Yes ma'am." Kentrell smiled lightly at his lovers formalness, at least he was being respectful. The taller's arm came to wrap around his shoulder and bring him in close, and he cuddled up to his lover, kissing him on the cheek.

"So...what's y'all plan after y'all graduate? Y'all goin' to college or what?"

"A fresh new start back in ma home state, cuz niggas is haters ova' hea' and these three safety is ma main priority." Sheyaa started, words vague but Kentrell knew his mother knew what he was referring to. "We already got a nice apartment in the city waitin' fo' us when we get there. We finna try out online and on campus classes fo' the both of us and see which one works betta, and I'm fillin' out job applications fo' around the area as we speak."

"And y'all doin' this all by y'all selves? Y'all really finna be takin' care of newborns, takin' classes, and tryin' to manage a job all at once?"

"They god daddies finna live right across from us and help out." Kentrell said, him and his boyfriend already knowing that Joe and Ben would be there for them to help out.