ten

The next morning, I woke up with Seth not next to me. My phone, however, was buzzing like crazy. I looked at Dolph's texts first

Dolph;
Why did you ditch me?
Dolph;
I waited for an hour for you.

Becky;
I'm sorry, Seth and I went out to talk to Vince.

I'm such a bad liar... Next, Charlotte.

Charlotte;
Give me the DEETS.

Becky;
I stayed with Seth.

Dolph quickly responded.

Dolph;
It's okay, I guess. Next time. See you Monday!

I smiled, glad that he didn't ask when the next time we could hang out was. I got up to find Seth until my phone buzzed from Charlotte.

Charlotte;
Because you like him and aren't interested in Dolph.

Becky;
Or maybe I don't like Seth and I'm not interested in Dolph.

Charlotte;
Since things with Seth are so on and off, why turn Dolph down for a guy you'll never earn the affection of?

I decided not to respond. I walked out of my room and glanced at Seth in the kitchen. He interested me, but I didn't think I was interested in him, even when the on moments with him were satisfactory. The off moments were too much of a frustrating mystery.

I rushed out of the hotel room to take a walk outside. I couldn't get Charlotte's words out of my head, like always. Maybe she was right, why waste my time on Seth when he always seems to be this way?

As I walked out of the elevator, I ran into a chest. I didn't need to look up to know who it was, I could recognize his all black outfit perfectly.

"I took the stairs," he said. I could feel his eyes on me as I was still looking down at our feet.

"How did you know I was in the elevator?" I asked him.

"Lucky guess," he replied.

I looked up at him, realizing how close we were after bumping into him.

"Why don't you ever say much?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I only talk when I believe what I'm thinking could be important."

"Isn't that awkward for you?" I asked him, "Just sitting in silence most of the time."

"I feel like what I say is irrelevant," he replied, looking away from me. I was curious for more answers but knew he would snap if I kept asking questions. I nodded in response.

"Why did you leave the room?" He asked.

"I like to take walks outside a lot, I think it's better than being bored inside." I responded, "Plus it's a nice day out."

The elevator door opened and people started walking out of it. Not realizing we were still close to the elevator, Seth placed his hand on my back and pulled me closer towards him so the people wouldn't run into me.

I looked at him and he quickly put his hand back down at his side. He glanced out the window and relaxed his shoulders. I rushed into the closing elevator doors.

I leaned against the wall in the elevator before it stopped on a floor. Randy walked in.

"Hey, Becky," he said calmly. How did he manage to always be where I was?