twenty-seven

"So you guys went out on a real date? You? Went out with Seth?" Charlotte said, surprise in her voice as we walked together in the halls of the next live event we were at. "I never thought you would go out with someone like him."

I shook my head, glancing to the side. Now that I know some deeper details about him, hearing those words made me upset. I knew that we had some things in common, or things we related to. And hearing his story helped me to see that he wanted help. He wanted to be better. And I knew he was almost there. I wished I just didn't tell Charlotte at all, but I knew it would have spread around at some point.

"Becky?" She said, waving her hand in front of my face to get my attention. "He totally likes you and you know it," she finished, giving me an obvious glance.

I sighed as I still had the thought in the back of my mind that something was off with how everything was going with Seth. "It's kinda different with him," I said, turning to look at her, "it's complicated."

"It's only complicated when you guys make it complicated," she said quickly, "he acts mysterious and untouchable, but you touched him. You just have to find out the mystery."

I pursed my lips at her words, knowing I already dug into the mystery, but wondering why I still felt like something was missing. "I don't know," I whispered.

"It's obvious. That's why everyone stares at you guys," she replied, causing me to give her a nervous glance. "I have a meeting with Vince, I'll see you later."

I nodded as she walked away. Besides the car ride to the arena, I haven't seen Seth that much today. It made me wonder what he was doing or thinking after last night. I wanted to go find him, but a text interrupted me from the same restricted number. I clicked on it, confusion not leaving me face when I laid my eyes on it.

Don't.

It took me a couple of seconds to understand what the voicemail and text meant. Don't trust Seth? I questioned in my head. I wondered who could be sending the message that had a restricted number.

Becky;
Wrong number, lad.

I sent it fast and locked the screen before slipping my phone back in my coat pocket. Before I knew it, my phone buzzed again. Once I grabbed it, my eyes widened at the reply.

I don't think so, Rebecca.

I locked my screen quickly, almost ready to chuck it across the room out of how creepy it was. Should I tell Seth? I thought. How do they know my name? Who could it be? I glanced around to see if anyone was on their phone mysteriously. Was it someone I knew? Everyone around me was talking, no one on their phone. I slowly walked into the locker room, then catering. No one was on their phone. The only mysteriously creepy person around me was Dolph, but his head was on the table as he was napping.

What if it was someone I don't know? Goosebumps formed on my arms as that thought came to mind. I froze in my place, shaking my head to get myself together. Worry settled in my stomach as discomfort settled in my head. Maybe I should tell Seth...

"Becky!" I heard, noticing that Dolph had woken up. Pretending that I didn't hear, I turned around and walked back to the locker room.

I was about to open the door to the locker room until I saw Seth leaning against the wall next to it. Trying to keep the smile off my face, I walked over to him. He looked up from his phone as he heard me approaching, sliding his phone in his pocket. "There you are," he said, making me wonder if he was waiting for me. I don't like it when others fight for me, but something in my head was telling me that I needed to inform Seth of this text message. I knew he would protect me.

"Hi," I smiled, leaning next to him on the same wall. I wanted to wrap my arms around him to ease the discomfort in my chest, but something told me not to. I didn't know how he would react to it since other WWE Superstars were around.

I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Dean approaching us. Could it be Dean? I asked myself. He didn't seem to like me very much.

"What's up," he said apathetically, standing in front of Seth and winking at some of the girls next to us, "you wanna get drinks tonight?"

Seth let out a little sigh, clearly annoyed with Dean. I glanced down, noticing unsettled tapping on the wall by Seth's finger. I wanted to escape the awkward situation, knowing that I never enjoyed Seth when he was annoyed or pissed.

All of a sudden, I felt Seth's hand brush against my back. "Let's get food," he told me.

"What did I do?!" Dean called out, receiving no answer from Seth. I turned around, seeing Dean's eyes studying me. To ease the tense situation, I waved goodbye and was surprised when he did the same.

I rushed towards Seth, walking faster than usual. "You didn't answer his question," I said during our walk to fill the silence.

"I told you I was sorry the other night when I was drunk," he said quietly, "so that's me promising not to do it again."

My head snapped towards him at his words. I didn't know what to say. I didn't mean to control him, but it was his choice and his choice seemed to want to make me happy. "Okay," I ended up saying. I didn't think he took those things too seriously, but I guess that's another good thing to learn about him.

As we walked into catering, we noticed Charlotte and Andrade fighting. I turned my head to Seth in silence, deeply bothered by it. As this was happening, I began to remember Seth's feelings towards relationships and realized why he was so uneasy in the arena when couples were around. Maybe that's why he ignores many of the Superstars.

"That pisses me off," he said as we sat down at our usual table. "Relationships piss me off."

"Seth," I said softly, "It's okay. You can move on from your past, remember?"

The sad look remained on his face, and I didn't know what to do at this moment. I didn't realize how much his past made him hate himself. Even if it was just his Dad cheating on him, I had to be sensitive to the fact that Seth destroyed many relationships due to that.

I almost jumped when his hand fell on top of mine. Before giving myself time to rethink it, I rested my head on his shoulder. The best thing I could do, though, was to stay silent. After a few seconds, he straightened himself back up and removed his hand from mine.

"You hungry?" he said, no emotion pouring through his words as if nothing had happened in the last few minutes.

I know it's a smaller detail oriented chapter but I hope you enjoyed anyways!