thirteen

As I walked in the gorilla, I saw Seth doing some jumping jacks in his attire, making me smile to myself. He smiled at me, and I got the vibe that everything would be less awkward with us after Seth said he enjoyed my company.

Suddenly, Andrade and Zelina walked in, bumping into Seth which caused him to fall into me. I backed up quickly and brushed myself off from our sudden closeness.

Seth's theme music hit, but he stayed in front of me, staring at me. I cleared my throat and moved my eyes to where he needed to go. Once he caught my drift, he captured some momentum and ran out there. I watched the TV till it was my time to go out there.

Andrade went out, Zelina with him, he said he wanted to fight Seth, blah blah blah. The people wanted The Man.

My theme hit and I slowly made my way out there.

"Now that isn't fair," I said as I made my way down the ramp, "if Zelina is gonna be there to ruin the match for Seth, it looks like I'll have to keep an eye on things!" I finished, throwing the microphone down.

"That explains Becky's presence last week on Raw!" I heard Michael Cole say as I went to Seth's corner.

The match finished with Seth winning as I attacked Zelina when she tried to help Andrade win. I slid into the ring and raised Seth's hand up in victory. He grabbed a mic and came to face me.

"Thanks for your help, Becky," he said, the crowd going nuts at my name, "but I don't understand why. We're so different."

I crossed my arms and furrowed my eyebrows at him, trying to plan in my head how to get this going, and wondering where he was going.

"But isn't that exciting!" He said suddenly, the crowd going nuts again. "The Man and The Man!"

I nodded and grabbed a mic. "Yes, yes, very exciting. But I'm The Man, not you," I smirked, the crowd 'oohing' in response.

"Well, what do you say we do some tag team action at the Rumble and see who's really The Man around here."

I looked around at the crowd as they chanted 'Yes! Yes! Yes!'

"Fine," I replied, "if you want it you got it. But I want it against Andrade and Zelina Vega."

"Done," he smirked, holding his hand out for me to shake. Not really understanding when he would fit in the romance part, I shook it after a few seconds. Suddenly, he pulled me closer to his chest where we were centimeters apart. The crowd chanted 'Yes!' louder.

I smiled at him before pushing away and returning backstage.

- - -

I was all alone in my locker room, packing up and getting ready to shower before a knock came on the door. I opened it and saw him. I stepped to the side, letting him in. I hoped to myself Charlotte wouldn't come in to interrupt whatever Seth needed me for.

"Good job out there," he said.

"Thanks, you too," I replied.

"I meant what I said out there."

I gave him a confused look.

"We really are very different."

I didn't respond, not having any idea of what to say.

"I always have people's attention, when I don't want that. And you think you hide, but you're out in plain sight."

I swallowed. "I'm not sure that's true."

"How would you know? You barely know me," he said calmly. He didn't look or sound angry, but I didn't want to reply with something that made him that way. I went into the other room and turned on the shower before returning and getting some new clothes.

"Becky?" He called out softly. I turned around to face him. "Hm?" I said faintly.

"If you tell me a secret, something no one knows about you, I'll tell you a secret, too." He said, smiling as if it was a fun game.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I already told you my story with Randy. I think that's a big enough secret."

"Well, you can ask me something then, anything. A-And I'll tell you."

I nodded. "Okay," I sat down in a chair across from him, thinking about what to ask. The first question that came to my mind was probably the obvious question to him, but I decided to ask it anyway.

"Why are you so...disengaged?"

He sat down across from me. "It's kinda jerky, I know," he said, "but I don't like to trust people. I've had it broken too many times. So... I don't bother 'engaging', as you say."

I nodded in understanding, especially after what I had been through. He looked at me deeply. "I know you already told me a secret, but I have a question for you that I'm dying to know the answer to."

He had a concentrated look on his face, so I nodded, wondering what it could be.

"What was your problem with me kissing you?"

I widened my eyes, not expecting that question. But I guess I was stupid to think he wouldn't ask me that after I had told him enough about me. I didn't think it would've ever got brought up again, but him asking me this made me think that kiss was on purpose.

"Uh," I started, trying to gather what I should say and asking myself the same question. I looked at my sweaty hands and wiped them on my pants. "I don't believe I have feelings for you. In that way, y'know?"

I hoped that would've been the end of the conversation, knowing that he was silent all the time.

But it wasn't.

"Believe? Or know?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I sighed, flipping some hair out of my face. "I don't trust you," I said lowly.

"You trusted me enough to tell me about your past."

I didn't respond, because I knew he was right. I did trust him. I had no reason to, but I did for some odd reason. I guess him being so disengaged with everything but himself made it easy.

"Fine," he said, moving his eyes to the bathroom. I slowly got up and made my way to the showers.

"But you do like me?" He asked before I left his sight.

I turned back at him but didn't reply. I knew I liked him, but how could I when I barely knew him? He smiled as if he found the answer he was looking for. He stood up and moved closer to me. He stared me down and grazed my cheek with the back of his hand. I slightly widened my eyes, knowing what was about to happen. I felt paralyzed, unable to move as I breathed shakily.

He leaned in and I felt my breath slowly escape my mouth as he gently connected his lips with mine, moving his hand down to my neck. It was short, because it seemed like he was waiting for me to jerk back. I cupped his cheek and moved in to press my lips against his again, with a little more force. I leaned forward into the kiss and felt his tongue swipe past my lips. I didn't want to stop as I melted into it, but he broke away from the kiss.

"I like you, too," he whispered before slowly returning to the kiss. My eyes widened at what he said, and I finally jerked back.

"This can't happen," I said, breathing against my fingers grazing my lips.

His eyes burned into mine. "Why?"

I stared back, trying to understand the answer to his question. "Like you said... I barely know you."

"But you like me?" He quickly asked, "You liked the kiss?"

I was wondering what was going through his mind. He just admitted he liked me, so it was all real. He wasn't playing any games with me. At that point, I knew there was no reason to stay away from him. He knew a lot about me, so I could figure him out. I wanted to figure him out. I looked down at my sweaty hands again and nodded in defeat.

"Yes."

I absolutely HATE writing the actual stuff that goes on while they're wrestling and all the promos and stuff so sorry if that sucks. But thanks for all the love! Let me know what you thought about this chapter <3