twenty-nine

It was a cold morning as we walked inside the arena of Raw the next week. I widened my eyes when Seth put his arm around my shoulders instead of his hand grazing against my lower back. I looked at him but looked forwards again when I noticed he was unphased by his actions as if they were completely normal. He never seemed to overthink his actions as much as I did.

It was weird to think about how so much has changed since we first met. From ignoring me, to flirting in private, to touching in public.

"You look stressed," he said suddenly.

I shrugged. "I don't think I am but I haven't been sleeping well lately."

He nodded. "Why?"

"I'm not sure," I replied quietly, "I feel like something bad is gonna happen today."

Seth swiped his arm that was around me back to his side, and I let out a deep sigh when I realized why.

Dean walked up to us with a frown on his face. "Why are you with her again?" He questioned Seth, causing people around us to glance in our direction.

"Hello to you, too, Dean," Seth replied.

"Let's get drinks tonight," Dean suggested while putting a cigarette between his lips.

"Sorry, I'm gonna chill with Becky tonight," he replied, his hand moving up to the small of my back.

Dean sighed as smoke blew out of his mouth. "You never make time for me anymore," Dean said quietly with no emotion in his tone. In a way, I felt like I could compare Dean to Seth. Not much talking, but when words come out, they're intimidating. You never know what they will say or how it will be said.

"That's not true," Seth replied quickly as he began to walk past Dean. I could tell he wanted to get out of the situation, so I quickly followed.

It was clear that Dean very much disliked me, and to be honest, I still didn't like him much either. I did wonder if I was taking Seth away from his friends, though. However, it is his choice to be around me. I never make him stay. Despite Seth's annoyance, I knew him and Dean was pretty close. But something seemed off between them. What if I'm the reason why something is off?

I sighed. I would bring that question up to Seth, but as I said before, I wouldn't know how he would react. He always picks and chooses when to open up. And it was almost never when I asked about it. He was very spontaneous.

My thoughts were interrupted by Sheamus approaching us. A friend of Seth's that was also a friend of mine, hallelujah.

"Seth! I think I kinda like Billie Kay," he said. I laughed as we walked to our usual table together with Sheamus' commentary on Billie. I smiled a little every time excitement came out of his mouth, and smiled, even more, when I felt Seth's amusement.

After a while, Billie walked into the room and Sheamus ran to go talk to her, leaving Seth and me alone.

I opened my mouth to say something to Seth, but a loud voice behind us stopped me. "Seth, Becky. My office now," Vince McMahon seethed.

We followed him to his office and I swore I could hear both Seth and I's hearts beating through our chest. Vince looked at us for a while before holding up a bag of what looked like two bags of marijuana. "Someone turned these in. They said they came from each of your bags," Vince said, calm anger in his voice, "You two are at the top of the company! You can't be doing this shit!" He shouted, making us jump.

"I-" I started, but Seth held out his hand in front of me so he could speak.

"Those aren't ours, sir," Seth said calmly.

"Do you think I'm an idiot, Rollins?!" He shouted again.

"No sir, but we don't do drugs because we both know we're the face of the company. Why would we do such a thing?"

Vince's gaze moved between Seth and I. "Why would someone turn it in saying that these are yours?"

"I-"

"Zip it, Seth. I want to hear Becky speak."

"She would have nothing to do with this!" Seth defended.

"Becky?" Vince questioned.

I wondered why he was questioning me like that. He knew I would never do drugs. I also wondered why Seth was so adamant about speaking for me. Was he defending me, or did he have something to do with the drugs?

"I don't know sir," I said quietly, "to be honest, I've never seen a bag of weed in front of my eyes before."

"See, I told you, Vince."

"Seth," Vince gritted his teeth, "shut your mouth! We give you guys everything, and you go off and do this? So selfish! Give me one good reason why I should believe you!"

Seth opened his mouth to reply but closed it when Vince gave him the 'shut up' look. He was breathing so heavily next to me that anyone outside listening could hear.

"Vince," I said, "please don't say things like that. Seth's confidence has been pretty low lately." I confessed, which I probably shouldn't have.

"Maybe that's why you two went off to do drugs!" Vince shouted again. "Seth, you're going to ruin this company with all your actions! Acting like a selfish, conceited little jerk who fucks people's girlfriends to get attention! It's impossible for me to tell you to change once again because you never do! You never have and you never will!"

My gaze fell down to my lap, not knowing how to react to the words that were as sharp as blades. Vince startled me when he stood up, forcefully pushing his chair behind him. He walked over to Seth's chair, standing very close to him. I wondered why he was being so hard on Seth and not me, especially if they found a bag in my stuff, too. I felt very uneasy with Vince's aggression.

"Becky," Vince said quietly.

"Yes, sir?"

"Please leave the room right now."

My heart dropped to my stomach at his words. I wondered what he was going to say, or do to Seth. I didn't think Vince would ever get physical with any of his employees, but I knew it had happened before. I knew Seth wouldn't fight him back. But all of this made me wonder, did Seth do something that I don't know about?

"Rebecca!" Vince shouted, making me jump out of my seat and rush out of the room. Shivers ran down my spine as the door slammed behind me. I turned around to look at the door, my eyes widening at Vince's voice echoing through the door. I didn't want to leave him alone in that situation, knowing he would stay with me, too. It was clear that there was more to the story and I was determined to find out.

I felt bad for Seth. I know his confidence has been low after confessing all of his issues to me. I also knew that he had changed, from what I had seen. There had to be a specific reason that Vince was yelling at Seth that way, and not me. It was messed up. Unexpected. Asinine. It didn't make much sense without Seth here to explain anything to me. I could ask him later tonight, but I felt like I shouldn't have pushed him. Especially after the day he just had in that office. I couldn't help but wonder if someone was setting that up. I also wondered who turned it in.

I found myself wondering this for a few minutes as I slowly walked around the arena. My eyes were locked on a flickering light on the ceiling ahead of me. Right when I walked under that light, it flashed on me, and so did a lightbulb over my head full of one specific idea of who set us up.

The person who was sending me the texts.

xx
sorry it took so long guys! I had a really busy week. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! What do you guys think is going on?