sixteen

The next morning, I woke up with some mascara faded on the hotel pillow. That wasn't something I experienced since Randy, but I shook it off as I remembered it was nothing to cry over.

I noticed a text on my phone, and I was a little surprised as to who it was.

Seth;
Where have you been?

I ignored it, not bothering to wonder where his hotel room was to talk.

I got up to get ready for Dolph and I's date, blow drying my hair and applying some makeup after showering. I stood by my suitcase, staring at it. I wondered if I should wear something nicer this time, but decided not to since I had absolutely no interest in Dolph was just going on this date to distract myself from Seth.

I grabbed everything I needed and walked out the door, noticing Dolph standing outside of it already.

"Hey, Becky!" He said with an excited look on his face.

"Hi," I replied, starting to walk towards the elevator.

"I thought we could actually go work out together, is that okay?" He asked me as he stepped in the elevator. I nodded in response.

I went back to the room and got ready for working out before following Dolph downstairs to the hotel gym.

"I'm happy you're giving me a chance," he said as we stepped on the treadmills.

"Oh, yeah!" I replied, not really knowing how to respond.

We made small talk as the morning went on, nothing special to make me any more interested in him. When we began lifting, the talking slowed, and I realized how bored of him I was. I took a sip of my water to hide a sigh and gazed around the room. Trying not to spit out my water, I met the gaze of him next to her.

I blinked a few times, both trying to get away from his stare and also thinking there's no way that's him. I looked back at Dolph and put my bottle down.

"I'm going pee," I interrupted before rushing away to the bathroom. I leaned over the sink and fixed myself.

A knock appeared on the door and I looked up, meeting Seth's eyes in the mirror.

"I didn't expect to see you here," he said lowly, locking the door.

"Diddo," I hissed, gripping the sink in front of me harder. I did honestly think he would be at more of a crossfit than a hotel gym, though.

"I didn't expect to see you with him, either," he said softly.

I turned around as he walked closer towards me, ready to push him away. He stopped walking when his face was just inches away, leaning closer as he gripped onto the sink. I had nowhere to go.

"Are you having fun?" He asked, raising his hand to my hair as he started to play with it. He leaned foward more until the tip of his nose was brushing my cheek. I put my hand up to his chest and lightly pushed him away. "Not anymore," I mumbled.

"Well, I'm not having fun either. Y'know, with Lana," he whispered. I felt his hand on my waist as he pulled me closer to him. He leaned forward again, grazing his lips against mine but not doing anything more as if he was hesitating for my reaction. My hand was still on his chest, but I had no willpower to push him away.

I felt him pull me closer to him once again as his lips met mine for a second. He pushed his body against mine before pulling me in for another, long kiss. My hand moved from his chest up to the back of his neck, pulling him deeper into the kiss. He grazed his tongue into the seam of my lips, and I couldn't deny it. Something about him made me want more and more every single time, and there was no way for me to get out of it. I didn't want to get out of it. He picked me up so I was sitting on the sink, my legs wrapping around his waist, pulling him closer. A faint moan hummed from his lips, making my heart beat faster against his chest.

He broke the kiss, but his lips were still grazing mine. He waited a few more moments before the distance between us grew. I stared at him, my fingers covering my lips as I saved the taste for myself. I hopped off the sink in defeat, pissed at myself for giving in once again.

"Let's get out of here," he spoke up, taking me by surprise.

I frowned at him. "Both of us? Walking out of the ladies' restroom? While our dates are out there?" I questioned in response.

"I don't like blonde girl, you don't like blonde boy, so who cares?"

"We can't just leave them, Seth."

"Yes we can, we're tag partners so we have to stay together," he leaned in closer to me, "and you can't get your own hotel room."

I bit my lower lip at his whisper. "My stuff is still upstairs," I whispered back.

"We can get it," he stepped back, "I'll wait for you upstairs," he said before walking out, leaving me to stare after him. I wondered if he was with Lana to distract himself from me, just like I was with Dolph. That's what it sounded like, at least. I turned to face the mirror and fixed my shirt and hair before making my way out to Dolph.

"Finally," Dolph said.

"Charlotte called me, sorry. She needs me for something so I'm gonna go."

I made my way up to my hotel room, quickly grabbing my things. A knock appeared on the door and I opened it, letting Seth step in as I continued to gather my stuff. I stopped in my tracks, remembering I wanted no part of his little game. I turned to face him and noticed he was staring at my pillow. The one with the mascara stains. I felt my heart beating faster as if I was guilty or embarrassed about it.

"Seth, why were you with Lana?" I asked confidently, but inside I was a ball of fear.

His eyes didn't leave the pillow. "It's just some dare the guys want me to do."

"Why would they make you do that if they hate her?"

"They wanted me to see the difference between dating someone like me and dating someone that is not so much of a bitch."

I widened my eyes before continuing to pack. "Oh."

"Why were you with Dolph?" He asked.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to admit anything before I secretly covered the pillow he was still staring at. "I don't know. I felt like it."

I turned to face him, ready to leave. "Let's stay here," he said, surprising me.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I feel like it," he smirked, repeating my words. He sat at the front of my bed and patted the seat next to me. "Come over here."

I sat next to him and he leaned back. I didn't lay down next to him. "Shouldn't we get going?" I asked.

"Kiss me and we can do whatever you want."

My eyes widened, and I stumbled on my words. "I-Uh,"

I leaned down next to him, placing my hand on his chest and leaning in for a quick kiss. He hummed.

"That wasn't very convincing," he smirked.

I leaned up but kept my eyes on him. His hand moved up to my neck as he pulled me down against him, my chest on his chest and our hearts beating quickly in sync. I relaxed my body against him as he pressed our lips together. I felt my hand move from his chest to his neck as I deepened the kiss. He leaned up so we were no longer laying down, and wrapped his arms around my waist as I straddled him. He pulled away and gave me one last peck before leaning back again with me still on him. He pulled me down so I was laying on top of him. The corners of his lips turned up as he smiled at me, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I love kissing you," he smiled, making my heart beat faster.

I sat up to create distance between us. "Did you tell Lana anything before leaving?" I asked curiously. He shook his head.

"Isn't that a little rude?" I asked again, moving to his side.

"I don't really care about her."

I looked down at him, biting my lower lip nervously. "Do you care about me?"

He looked at me deeply in the eyes as he leaned up to face me.

"I've never cared about anyone as much as I care about you."