eleven

"Becky, are you okay?!" Seth's shouted, waking me up. I looked around and the only observation I could make out was that I was still in Seth's arms. I wrapped my arm around his neck and my eyes met his.

"Seth, I'm so sorry for everything I have put you through," I felt him move a little closer to me, "with Randy, my attitude, everything. It's all my fault."

I felt his breath against my skin and my heart skipped a beat. My instincts were to lean in, but I knew I wasn't interested in Seth, and he most definitely wasn't interested in me. His stare forced me to become a moth again. His gaze dropped down to my lips, causing my heart to skip a beat again. Before I knew it, he closed the small distance between us and his lips connected with mine.

I felt my heart pounding at his soft and unexpected touch. I wrapped my other arm around his neck as well, and began to sink in the kiss until I realized what was going on. I jerked back, causing me to fall out of his arms. I grabbed the back of my head and looked up at him. He was staring at me, equally as shocked as I was at what just happened. It took him a few moments to snap out of it and quickly bending down to check on me.

"Becky, I'm the one who should apologize for-"

"I think you should leave me be for a while," I told him, the surprised look not leaving my face. He walked out of the room quickly, shutting the door behind him. My fingers grazed over my lips, not being able to shake the feeling of his lips on mine out of my throbbing head.

"What the hell just happened?" I whispered to myself.

After a few moments, I exited the room with a feeling of nervousness building up in my stomach at the thought of seeing Seth after that. I knew I could play it off as if it never happened, but there was one thing I knew for sure.

That kiss confirmed that I liked Seth. I liked him way more than I would ever admit. I didn't understand why I liked him though. He remains a mystery. He was interesting, but I never got to know him well enough. He was very confident. It made him seem like a player, especially after his cheating scandal a few years ago. He didn't seem to care about anyone but himself. It made me wonder if that kiss was part of his little game, to get people to bow down to him. To get people to know that he was better than everyone else. Did he do that when he flirted with Lana, too? Maybe he got what we wanted then ignored her? He judges anything and everything, including me. He wasn't someone I needed in my life, but he intrigued me. I wanted him.

But I couldn't allow myself to trust him. To get close to him. He could just be using me. I know he didn't feel a thing with that kiss. He's a great actor, so he was just pretending to be shocked. His plan was to sleep with me then get me fired probably.

I had to ignore him. I had to be the confident one now. I had to walk out, and not look back. I had to show him that I wasn't like the other girls he played with. That kiss may be haunting me, but my games will haunt him.

It turns out my plan would not even get a try, as when I walked downstairs, he was nowhere to be seen. I looked outside, his car was gone.

I felt a little lonely without him here. It was already 8, and I was scared Randy would come back. But if I was gonna play along with Seth, I needed to be strong.

I sat on the couch and wondered if he regretted it. Did I regret it? I am just an Irish lass, and he's... Crossfit Jesus.

Charlotte was right. He would never go for me. If he did like me, he wouldn't have left me here alone. I should have listened to Charlotte.

I spent the rest of the night, starring at his living room wall in silence. I didn't turn the TV on, and I didn't make any food for myself. I just sat there, asking myself the same questions over and over again. I kept glancing out the window to the driveway. His car never showed up. No matter what I led myself to believe, I still knew I wanted him.

The buzz of my phone distracted me from my thoughts. I turned to see a call from Charlotte. I answered, but didn't say anything.

"Becky, what's wrong?"

I said nothing.

"Did something happen to make you realize that Seth doesn't give a damn about you?"

I said nothing. I knew she was right. I was the idiot to believe Seth would like me. Only people like Dolph like me, no offense to him. Seth led me to believe he was interested, but my stupidity got the better of me.

"I told you so," she said, "That's just how he is."

I looked up to see Seth's car pull into the driveway. When he stepped out of the car, he looked completely unphased with what had happened as he whistled and carried Kevin inside.

I knew I wanted nothing to do with him at that point in time. I was already falling in his trap, I needed to slip out before he could grasp me. I needed to protect my heart more, especially after what happened in my relationship with Randy.

He walked inside and I hung up the phone. I looked over my shoulder, our eyes locking. I looked away and quickly went upstairs to his guest room. I closed the door, leaning heavily against it. I knew I would have to face him tomorrow, but I didn't know how.

I didn't want the kiss to be brought up, but I didn't want the usual complete silence from him. I also didn't want to seem like a fool. But I couldn't just act normal. Right? I had to do whatever it was to show him that he didn't win his game this time. I decided that I would be the one giving complete silence.

I laid on my bed, closed my eyes, and frowned, not excited about what I have to face tomorrow.

- - -

A loud knock on the bedroom door woke me up from my deep sleep. Realizing it had to be Seth, I grabbed my phone and fixed my hair as I saw myself through the black screen. I rushed to open the door and he gave me a weird look. I looked down at my feet before going to sit on the bed, him doing the same.

We sat there in silence for a few moments. I brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear nervously. I knew I couldn't be a badass in front of him. I looked over at him and noticed he was already looking at me. His stare was burning into me as if he was looking at me the whole time.

The look he gave me this time was different, though, I could tell. I opened my mouth to say something but didn't out of fear. I stood up and crossed my arms, my back facing him.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I just couldn't face him. But I had to try.

"I'm done with your games," I muttered before storming off. I noticed a surprised look on his face with his eyes wide as I walked of the room, slamming the door behind me. I leaned against the door.

That day is when I figured out The Man's greatest weakness truly was The Architect.