nineteen

The next morning was hard for me. Not enough for mascara stains to end up on my pillow, but enough for me to lay in bed for a few hours, just staring at the ceiling above me.

I didn't understand why, but I knew I wasn't going to get up and visit him that morning. I felt like a terrible friend, but I couldn't bring myself to wrap my head around what happened. Although I was mad at Randy, I wanted to go talk to him. I wanted to understand everything, and possibly make immense with it all. I also wanted to slap him to a different country, but that was a different story.

I wondered if I should have texted Seth. Or Randy, for that matter. But I just felt horrible... as if I was up in the air, watching my life fall apart right in front of my eyes. Last night opened my eyes to what both Seth and Randy were really like, and I didn't know how to handle it.

I still barely knew Seth, yet I cared so much about him and if he was okay. I knew I liked him, but I still didn't understand why. Our connection made zero sense to me. We had to natural chemistry, but there was definitely something there that neither of us could ignore for long.

I stayed in that bed all day. Not my usual guest bed, but Seth's. I stayed there until I could figure everything out for myself. I stayed wondering who I should be mad at, yet also wondering why Seth acted the way he did. I stayed debating on if I should end things with Seth before they get riskier. I stayed yelling at myself, knowing that I should just let it go.

But I couldn't.

So I stayed... stayed in Seth's bed until the house show later that night.

The house shows went by quickly, especially without Seth there. I isolated myself from Charlotte, from everyone even with the infinite amount of stares I received. I even discovered that Randy wasn't at either house shows, either.

Nothing happened until Monday Night Raw. I walked in knowing that the first person I needed to talk to was Seth. I didn't know how to approach him. I didn't have a plan on what to say. But I did know that we needed to have a conversation.

The air felt cold at every house show since the incident, even now, a few days after the incident between Seth and Randy.

I quickly walked through the arena, not wanting the stares to linger around me. I told myself that I should have known this would happen. I should have known that getting involved with Seth Rollins would cause all of this. The stares made me nervous. I wondered if they had always stared ever since the storyline started, or anytime I was with Seth.

I quickly sat down at catering, putting the hood of my sweatshirt over my head to hide from the whispers and stares of other Superstars. I waited for Seth to save me, but he didn't show up. I glanced up when someone sat down by me, but sighed when I noticed it was Charlotte.

"So I heard you went to a party with Seth."

I nodded but kept my head low.

"I heard there was a heated fight between him and Randy. Are they okay?"

I decided not to tell her all the details of the night. "Yeah, they're fine."

"Good," she said excitedly. I furrowed my eyebrows at her before she continued, "Not that I care about him, just wondering."

I raised an eyebrow before shaking it off and giving her a faint nod.

I looked ahead and saw Sheamus with Seth's group of friends, but no sight of Seth. I frowned as I started to worry. Sheamus and I suddenly made eye contact before he broke it when he went on his phone. After a few seconds, a buzz from my phone alerted me.

Sheamus;
he's not here.

I looked up with a frustrated expression, only to get a shrug back. How could he not be here on the last Raw before the Royal Rumble? Was he even in town, or was he still in Iowa? I stood up with frustration, slamming my chair back as I stormed off to the locker room.

I closed the door and locked it, taking advantage of being in there alone. I nervously reached in my pocket and dialed Seth's number. I tapped my phone as I tried patiently waiting for him to pick up. After a few seconds of waiting, I wondered if he was upset with me about anything. I fed Kevin so he better not be.

Suddenly, an answer.

"Yes?" He said, taking me by surprise.

"I just wanted to say sorry for anything I did. Are you okay?"

There was silence for a while before he responded. "Yeah, I'm fine," he started, "did you sleep in my bed?" he asked after a while.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I was worried."

"No, no, it's fine."

"How are you?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

He hummed.

"That was a dumb thing to do," I said to him.

"I know," he replied quietly. Constant shuffling erupted in the background, but I didn't question it. "Thanks for feeding Kevin."

A smile took over my face.

"I'll be there soon," he said before quickly hanging up the phone. I didn't realize how soon 'soon' meant until a knock appeared at the door... if it was him.

I opened the door and Seth was revealed to me. "You're here," I said. I stepped to the side for him to walk in. As I closed the door behind him, I felt his hands wrap around me and turn me to face him.

"Everyone knows," I told him.

"Is that why everyone was staring at me?" He asked, I nodded.

He moved both his hands to mine, intertwining our fingers.

"Ambrose seemed mad," I said.

"You talked to him?" He asked, his tone changing. I nodded in fear. "He'll steal you."

I chuckled, thinking to myself that I would never date anyone other than Seth at this point. I questioned myself on why I would be thinking that.

"Remind me not to be away from you for more than a few days ever again," he said, surprising me. He put his index finger under my chin, lifting my head slightly so I was looking up at him. "I can't control myself around you," he whispered.

I looked down, knowing I felt the same way. I wanted to be closer and closer to him every time he touched me. I felt that we both had a need for more, but I knew it was a risk to be with him.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, absentmindedly twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. "I know you want me to," he whispered again. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against my neck, causing a shiver to run down my spine. I felt my heart beating faster. I slowly nodded as his lips trailed up to my cheek. My breath stopped in my throat when his lips quickly touched mine.

The kiss felt determined. We wanted to hold back but we both knew we couldn't, and didn't want to. His cold hands traveled down to rest on my hips. Despite how cold his hands were, his body pressing against mine warmed me up. He pulled away, biting my lower lip in the process as if he wanted me to beg him for more... as if he didn't know I would give him anything at that moment.

His nose brushed against my cheek as he placed his lips on mine again. His hand found its way up my shirt, making my skin tingle. After what felt like endless minutes, he pulled away to allow us to catch our breath. My eyes were locked on his, and I brushed my hand over his cheek. He closed his eyes and leaned his forehead on mine, causing me to bite my lip. I refrained from my urge to kiss him.

"Let's go get some food," he said, detaching his body from mine. He walked to the door, but I didn't move. I turned around to face him, hesitating to look him in the eye.

Before I knew it, I forced myself over to him and pushed my lips on his once again.