forty-four

I was about to begin my search for Randy, but Seth had many questions. Why Randy? How did that happen? Did he touch you? Did you touch him?

After his breakdown in the locker room, things between Seth and I were silent. Besides his questions, of course. We both knew there should be some more things to discuss our relationship, or lack thereof. He wanted to go on the Orton search with me, but I felt really awkward, yet protected.

"So why didn't you tell me about the texts?" He asked, finally breaking the silence.

I pursed my lips, looking down at my feet as we began to walk slower. "I thought it was a silly prank. I didn't want to bother you about it," I said truthfully.

"Even when you got the last text?" He questioned hesitantly.

"I got that text when I left you and Randy at catering a few weeks back. I wanted to tell you about that one, but that's when I distanced myself from you. I didn't know how to ask about that text."

He nodded. "Okay, I get it."

We finally approached Randy and the feeling of protection quickly left me at Randy's first words. "Dean told Vince everything."

Seth ran off to Vince to talk to him about it, but suddenly ran back to get me. My conversation with Randy would have to wait.

We approached Vince's office but he turned my body to face him before we entered. "Did you mean it when you said that you're done with me?" He asked.

I looked down, really thinking about the question he just asked. I knew in the heat of the moment I was angry and confused. "I'm sorry if that hurt you, but I was just as hurt in the moment," I said, and he nodded before putting his hand on the doorknob. I put my hand over his to stop him. "But you really do mean a lot to me."

I smiled at him and turned the doorknob.

The conversation with Vince was quick and easy. Dean Ambrose was suspended, and they were thinking of firing him, too. I could tell Seth was still angry, but his uneasiness had left him. Next stop, Randy. Hopefully this time I could get to him.

It had reached the end of the night and Randy would be expecting me to go to the hotel with him tonight. I didn't know how to tell him, but I felt like he already knew what was coming, especially with Seth by my side.

"Randy!" I called out when we finally saw him.

"I know," he quickly said. I felt the urge to explain something to him, even though he never would deserve anything from me. "Becky I want to tell you something."

I furrowed my eyebrows, but gave Seth the nod to leave us alone.

"I want to tell you that I'm sorry. I know I needed to move on a while ago."

I looked at him, an evidently shocked expression on my face.

"And everything I have done to you, the manipulations, the tauntings," he hesitated, "the cheating, I'm really sorry. I should have never done that."

My raised eyebrows remained confused as I took in his words. "Okay, what do you want?" I questioned.

"Nothing!" He laughed. "I want the tension to be lifted."

I smiled and crossed my arms. "I don't think we can ever be friends, but I appreciate the apology. Thank you."

He leaned in for a hug and my instincts told me to back away.

"Sorry," he said, "I'll try harder. Well, go enjoy Rollins! He's a good guy once you get to know him."

I was once again surprised, but went along with it to stop the drama. "I know," I smiled, turning to find Seth who was a few feet away from us.

We went back to the hotel together, the way it should be, and settled in. His anger faded as the night went on as we tried to forget about everything that had been building up in the past few weeks.

"Rebecca," he said once I returned to the bedroom from my shower. I looked at him so he knew I was listening.

His next whisper of words was something I wouldn't have expected for a long time, especially from him and after everything that had happened.

"I love you."

My head snapped up so quickly my neck began to hurt as I met his eyes, seemingly just as wide as mine. We stared at each other for seconds, but what felt like hours, I bet we could hear each others heartbeats. I couldn't tell if I was happy or sad, but I felt the urge to bust into tears. I blinked quickly to check if I was still alive, and looked down to notice Seth's trembling hands as if he was nervous for once in his life.

I let out the breath of air I didn't know I was holding, asking myself how he could say that after the weird position we were in. It felt like it wasn't the right moment, yet when was anything in a good moment with Seth. You'd think I'd be jumping for joy. Being told those three words is a happy moment, but to me I felt sour.

I suddenly burst out into laughter. "That's funny, Seth."

"I'm not joking," he followed immediately.

My laughter faded. "Seth all we have done is push each other away lately."

He shook his head as if he was disappointed in himself. "You're right," he said, "I shouldn't have said it. But I meant it."

We stared at each other for a few seconds as he waited for some sort of response from me. "You don't have to say it back," he said. I nodded and smiled, trying to get rid of any awkwardness created as I went back to organizing my suitcase.

"I know that all I have done is push you away," he said, bringing up the subject again after a few minutes, "but I know that I want to try harder for you. I want us to be in a real relationship this time and not be confused."

I glanced over at him. I knew Seth was a very honest guy, but there was something holding me back still. "I think that still makes me nervous because I don't know when you're gonna blow up on me or push me away," I replied, "and I know you don't chase after people when that stuff happens. What if we argued and you never came back?"

"I will always come back to you," he quickly responded, giving me some reassurance. He stood up and walked over to me, placing his hands on my hips. "I know you want this, too," he said, his eyes burning into mine, "I can tell by the way you look at me."

I glanced down, slightly blushing at his words. Of course, he would notice that of me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I came up with a million solutions in my head that could work between us. What would make us both happy? Simplicity was needed.

"Please," he begged, as if he thought I would reject him.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Okay."