twelve

I sighed, deciding to leave his house for a while. I went downstairs and put on my shoes before stepping out of the house. A hand quickly snatched the door before I closed it behind me. I took a couple of steps forward, then turned to face Seth.

He gave me a folded piece of paper and closed the door. I opened it and saw a phone number, assuming it was Seth's. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why Seth would give me his phone number. I resisted the urge of throwing it away, and I put the digits in my contacts.

This gesture got me in my head again. I sat down on the steps to his front door and stared at the piece of paper. I felt bad for shutting him out when he still seemed inviting to me. But I knew he didn't like me. He couldn't have. It was just a game.

I walked to the gym, which wasn't too far from Seth's house in his small town, and got a long work out in before returning. By then, it was already time for dinner.

When I walked into his house, I smelled Chinese food. I went over to his dining room and saw him there, no food touched. He was waiting for me.

I sat across the table with him and ate the fried rice provided, both of us silent the entire dinner.

After that, I showered and went straight to bed, not wanting to say anything to Seth. It didn't matter since he didn't say anything to me, but I had a gut feeling of not wanting to mess anything up between us.

- - -

The next few days flew by, as it was already Monday. There was complete silence for the rest of the time at his house, the car ride to the airport, the flight, and the car ride to the arena.

"Alright," Vince said as Seth and I sat down in his office, "Seth we want you to challenge Andrade to a match, then we'll have Zelina Vega with him, so Becky will come out to make it fair. You guys can go from there. And we need something romantic but you can spice it up."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I knew it wouldn't have been a good idea to complain, so I nodded in response. I knew he wouldn't have cared, and I knew he would make me stay with Seth.

The storyline itself was fine, but 'something romantic' with Seth made me a little upset.

Right when we all finished discussing, I got up and rushed out of the room.

As I made my way through the hallway, I noticed Charlotte and Dolph talking to each other while looking at me. I figured they were talking about me, so I looked ahead and abandoned the idea of walking over to them.

I had nowhere to go but catering. I sat there, alone, staring at Seth's contact on my phone. I was debating on texting him to join me so we could go back to being normal, but I didn't think it was a good idea. I looked up and saw Dolph and Charlotte from afar, making there way over. I hesitated before quickly texting Seth.

Becky;
Hey, it's me. Can you come to catering, please?

I stared at it for a few moments, wondering if he would respond. Things were awkward right now, but he did give me his number for a reason, right? I sighed as I saw the dots appear, then disappear. I turned my phone off and rested my head on the palm of my hand, dreading Charlotte and Dolph's company as she would probably have a new guy in mind to set me up with.

A few moments later, the screen lit up and I glanced at it.

Seth;
Seth liked "Hey, it's me. Can you come to catering please?"

I released the breath I realized I was holding for way too long, and prayed Seth would get here before Charlotte and Dolph did as they slowly made their way over to me. I locked my phone up before giving myself time to overthink his response. It was barely a response, but I wondered if he was gonna be awkward towards me after I initiated the conversation.

I tapped on the table as Charlotte and Dolph were about 50 feet from the table I was sitting at. I shook my stress away when Seth came around the corner at a faster speed than them. I noticed them stop as Seth sat across from me. I also noticed Seth didn't even glance at me.

"Uh," I started, trying to make conversation, "what did you think about what Vince said?" I asked him faintly. He scratched the back of his head and shrugged. I frowned at that response.

"Well, I think it should be something original," I trailed off. His presence felt so overpowering, so draining, so demanding. He finally looked up at me after redoing his man-bun. He licked his lips and sat back in his chair, looking like he was listening attentively. I heard chair scooting, and noticed he scooted a little closer to my seat.

"Uh," I said again, not knowing how to handle the situation, "did you hear what I said?"

He gave me a sharp glance but took it away as he grazed my hand on the table with his fingers. He nodded. Surprised in his action, I continued the conversation.

"What do you think about it?"

His fingers went from my hand to his head, pushing back some hair in his face. "That sounds good," he replied. I nodded in response.

As I started to feel awkward, I went on my phone and answered a few emails, him still next to me. When I looked up, his head was down, arms crossed. He was out. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at the time to see I had only been on my phone for 10 minutes, also noticing it was a little after seven.

I wondered if I should've woken him up, but he beat me to it.

"Is it time for Raw yet?" He mumbled.

"A little under an hour," I replied.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" He said sharply.

"I just now noticed you were sleeping," I muttered. He quickly stood up in response, straightening himself up.

"I'm gonna go get ready," he simply said. He looked at me before leaving. "Thanks for letting me keep you company, I enjoyed it."

He walked away, and I sat there knowing I should go get ready, too, but I wanted to take in his words. He enjoys my company, eh? I groaned before getting up, even more confused about what has happened in the past week.

We'll have to see what happens during the Raw segment.

Short chapter! But don't worry, I'm close to finishing the next one and it will be up in a few hours!