twenty-four

We walked into a Starbucks and his hand found his way to my lower back again as he directed me inside. To my surprise, he directed me to a table that Dean was sitting at.

"Why are you here?" Dean asked as we pulled out the chairs across from him, taking our seats.

"Why do you always have an attitude?" Seth snapped back.

Dean looked down at his phone. "Sorry," he looked up from his phone and his gaze met mine, "Oh, you brought her here, too."

Seth's head snapped in Dean's direction at his comment. "What's wrong with her?" He questioned, raising his voice. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Nothing," Dean replied quietly, "why are you here though?"

Seth didn't answer the question, therefore I appropriately answered. "I felt overwhelmed at the arena."

Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Can you stop bombarding her with questions?" Seth snapped again.

"Seth," I whispered to him, placing my hand on his shoulder again, "It's alright."

I turned to face Dean who was chuckling to himself. "A lot of the Superstars were staring at me when I was with Seth. The girls also ask me a lot of personal questions about our..."

I paused, thinking of the right word to use to describe us.

"Partnership."

Dean sent me a slight nod in understanding and shot Seth a smirk before standing up. "Well, I'll catch you later."

I sighed to myself when he left, wondering if the night could get any worse.

Turns out it got a little better. Seth and I won our match against Zelina and Andrade and I took note that he and I worked pretty well as a team.

I dropped my suitcase on the floor of the hotel room, smiling to myself when Seth's suitcase joined mine right after. We both entered the bathroom to shower, not communicating on who would shower first.

"Can I shower first?" I asked him.

"No," he smirked, a playful look in his eyes.

I walked over to the shower, turning it on. "Too bad," I smirked back, widening my eyes when I accidentally flung some water on him. "I'm sorry!" I exclaimed, worried he would be angry with me. To my surprise, he walked over to the shower and flung some water on me. "Whoops," he said, the smirk still on his face.

"You did not just do that," I said before moving my hand under the water and splashing some more on him. I dove out of the way to avoid Seth's next splash, a sense of comfort settling in my chest as we were both laughing and chasing each other. He tried picking me up to throw me in the shower with my clothes on, causing me to laugh and hit him harder.

When I was able to get him to put me down, I discovered a smile on Seth's face. Not the little ones he usually gives me, but a full one. Showing teeth and all. He put his arm around my waist, and to avoid a kiss without another explanation of what we were, I wiped my wet hand all over his face. "You shouldn't have done that," he smirked, surprising me when he closed the distance between us with his lips meeting mine, something I couldn't avoid. I squealed in surprise as I wrapped my arms around his neck, melting into the kiss as he lifted me up onto the kitchen counter, his body pressing to mine.

I intertwined my fingers through his hair, trying to find any way to bring us closer to each other. A warm feeling spread through me, the realization settling in that I was falling for him.

But it was interrupted.

Suddenly, Seth quickly pulled away. The look in his eyes scared me. I knew something was wrong.