003

Luna

Luna

"This doesn't make any sense." She grumbled before putting down her pencil.

"What doesn't?" I asked Hwayoung as she shook her head repeatedly.

"Everything." She sighed.

"I'll help." I smiled softly as I sat down next to her. "You're taking english right?" I skimmed through her textbook and analyzed every word.

"You really don't have to, Luna," She hesitantly stated.

We both knew she needed help. She's been stuck on the same problem for the past twenty minutes.

"Hwayoung, you're struggling with this topic and I tutor it. Let me help." I smiled as she hesitantly nodded.

"Okay, thank you Luna." She grinned. "It's just, this final might actually kill me. I have it tomorrow and I still don't know what I'm doing." She let out a frustrated sigh as she ran her hands through her hair.

"Learning a new language is hard. It took me years to understand Korean," I stated as my eyes never left the ink stained pages.

"How did you learn it so well?" She whispered as she placed her chin in the palm of her hands.

I chuckled at her awestruck expression. "Living here sure helps." I cocked my head to the side slightly but my eyes never left her book. "I'm somewhat obligated to learn it if I want to communicate with others and conduct conversations that go further than simple greetings."

"I see." She nodded. "I guess I've never been put in that position."

"Well, one thing I've learned is that sometimes you have to dive into the culture to understand a language and the people better. Western and eastern cultures differentiate by so many small yet significant details." I turned to her as she eyed me in curiosity.

"I've never had a western friend before." She smiled.

"Would you want one?" I hesitantly asked.

The only friend I have so far is my roommate. While I love Vi, it'd be nice to talk to other people, too.

"I thought we were already friends." She nudged my arm playfully.

"Right." I smiled fondly at her kind personality.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .
author's note:

look at luna helping hwayoung out and making friends :,)

ugh i love luna sm PLS,,, and hwayoung too obviously 🥺

i can't wait to introduce hobi.
i MISS him, OKAY?

he really trying to make me switch my bias like that 🤧🤧🤧

okok i hope u liked this chapter, baby hobi will be introduced soon. i may double update today because🥺

stay safe luvs 🤍