035

[double update !! please read chapter 034 before this one

[double update !! please read chapter 034 before this one. thank you<3]

Luna

"Okay, Luna. You got this. So what if he refuses you now?" I muttered to myself with a nervous chuckle.

I made it all the way to his front door, hands sweating while I continuously wiped them on my mom jeans as my quiet pants filled the hallway. Anyone could tell I was nervous wreck.

Okay, here goes nothing.

A small smile made its way onto my lips as I nodded to myself but when I was just about to knock, my fist only centimeters from his front door, my ringtone went off. I was about to brush it off until I realized whose ringtone it was.

My eyes widened before stumbling to pick up the call, he knows he shouldn't call me on weekdays unless it's an emergency; due to the conflicting time-zones, he'd usually call me when I was in class or in the middle of the night so we mutually agreed to call in weekends and holidays.

"Hello, Tomás? What's up?" I asked my younger brother.

"Luna, it's mom and dad-" he started but a sob interrupted him mid-speech, making my skin run cold.

"What happened?" I asked in spanish, our native tongue. We only spoke in Spanish when something was serious and by the sound of his voice, I knew something dire must have happened back home.

"They got into an accident, Luna," he sobbed once more, making me frown at his distress and the bomb that just dropped on my lap. "Please come home. They're not waking up."

"Sh sh, okay this semester's almost over. I'll talk to my professors and explain it to them," I quickly declared with tears in my eyes. All that was running through my mind were my parents and the thought of never seeing them again. "I- I'll be home soon baby, don't cry." I frowned at the thought of my baby brother experiencing this by himself.

"They're not waking up" was all that was running through my mind, like wild fire. What does that mean? Will they ever? Oh God, I think I might puke.

"Just, please come Luna. We miss you. I miss you," my brother sniffled, bringing me back to my senses.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to them on Monday and get on a plane the next morning. I'll be home soon, Tomás, I promise," I stated as tears continuously rolled down my cheeks.

"Okay," he paused, letting small sniffles take over. "Will you call me tonight?"

"Of course, love," I told him, smiling sadly at his simple request. "I'll put an alarm for 7:00 pm, your time. Be careful, I'll be there soon."

"Okay. I love you, Luna." A small sob escaped his lips once more, making my heart clench in my chest.

"I love you too, buddy. I'll see you soon," I confirmed, trying my best to sound cheerful after the news. He whispered small okay before hanging up.

The tears I was holding during the call now flowed freely down my cheeks at the thought of my parents in a hospital bed. I just wanted to be there, fly to them, even if it won't fix the situation. But if not for them then for Tomás, he was going through this by himself.

I quickly wiped my tears, remembering I was just outside Hoseok's door. It's pointless to say anything now. I shut my eyes, hugging myself as I took a step backwards. And with another tear rolling down my cheek, I gave one last glance at Hobi's door before shaking my head and leaving his apartment complex.

And just like that, everything changed in a matter of minutes.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .
author's note

can't believe this chapter was written in January 24, 2020
time really does fly huh?

so what do u guys think?

did y'all see this coming?

i hope you all liked this chapter!!

what do you think of the story so far? :)

glad i updated for you, i missed you.

stay safe and healthy please🤍