029

Luna

Luna

"Hey." I felt someone shaking my shoulder softly. "Wake up, Luna," A melodic voice with a dissimilar accent said in english.

I slowly opened one eye and caught sight of Vi's curly brown hair. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, before sitting up on my bed. "What time is it?" I whispered in my morning voice.

"Time for you to brush your teeth," She gagged, making me cover my mouth with wide eyes. "Here," She laughed as she handed me my pack of mints, knowing that I'm too weak to get up at the moment.

"Thanks," I mumbled and plopped two mints into my mouth.

"So? What happened last night? Or were you too drunk to remember?" She giggled as she nudged my arm.

"I wish," I muttered under my breath. "I almost kissed Hoseok," I sighed and rubbed circles on my temple.

"You- okay, I think I'm going to need a little bit more than that." She crossed her legs in front of her as she placed all her attention on me.

"Well, he was laughing at me because I was having a hard time with chopsticks," I started, a small smile forming on my lips at the mere memory of his uncontrollable giggles from yesterday. "And he just suddenly called me cute, and I guess I lost it," I scoffed, placing the mints back down on my nightstand.

"What do you mean you 'lost it'?" She inquired, using finger quotes as she repeated my exact words.

"I don't know Vi, all of a sudden my drunk self stopped eating and told him to say it again." I grimaced in embarrassment.

"But he didn't?" She bit her lip in anticipation, looking intently at my every move as I recited last night's events.

"No, no buts, he actually called me pretty. I think his exact words were 'beautiful, enthralling', like dude I don't know how I didn't literally swoon right there," I shook my head with a small smile.

"Enthralling?! Woah Luna, that's- please tell me you guys kissed at least," She grinned as she held tightly onto my arm.

"No. We didn't," I mumbled. "When I started to, you know, lean in, his arms stayed tightly wrapped around my waist but he kind of just stayed in place. He didn't pull away but he didn't lean in either. So naturally, he stopped me," I nodded slightly at the memory. "He said that just because he found me attractive, it didn't mean he'd want to kiss me."

"He said, what?!" Violetta exclaimed, clearly bewildered by his words.

"I don't blame him," I mumbled and shrugged. "Maybe I came on too strong," I sighed and rubbed circles on my temple once more.

"Luna," She whispered and gently placed her arm around me. "Honestly, he shouldn't have complimented you like that and not expect you to react. Plus, he never pulled away, giving you the illusion that he was okay with a potential kiss," She brushed some hair out of my face as she spoke in her calming, gentle voice.

"I think I just read too much into it. I've been thinking about him for days, weeks even. But just because I can't stop thinking about him, doesn't mean it's mutual," I admitted and shook my head to rid my thoughts. "I think I should just push my feelings aside. I'll be his tutor but that's it."

"Luna-" She started but was interrupted by my ringtone.

I looked over my shoulder, only to see that it was Hobi who called me.

"It's him," I muttered, barely above a whisper.

"Are you going to pick up?"

I thought about it, picking up to hear his melodic voice. Picking up to listen to him trying to explain what happened last night and say that it's a mistake.

"I don't want to," I let out as I grabbed my phone. "But I'm afraid, I should," I sighed and tapped the greed bubble on my iphone.

"I'll leave you to it then," She whispered and kissed my forehead before walking out of the room.

"Hello? Luna?"

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .
author's note:

h-hi 🥺

it's been a while.
how's everyone? i've missed u 🥺

i've just been really busy with assignments but i'm happy that i'm finally getting to publish this chapter for u.

i really hope u like it and i think i'll be updating tomorrow again🤍

i hope u're all staying inside and safe.

happy easter loves <3