048

Luna

Luna

"Luna! You're back." I heard Tomás shout before I felt his shorter and skinnier arms wrap around waist.

"I'm here buddy," I cooed, kneeling down to kiss his cheek. "How are mum and dad?"

"The doctors have been saying that they are in critical condition since they arrived at the hospital," grams chimed, making me avert my gaze from my brother to her and engulf her in a hug. She smiled, pulling me into her embrace as she kissed my cheek, stroking the back of my head. "But, your mum woke up two days ago and your father just woke up this morning," grams whispered in the hug, pulling away with a bright smile.

"W-what?" My eyes widened as I thought about my parents being okay— my parents being safe.

"Yes darling, but you must know that they're still in grave pain. The doctor said that their physical recovery might take quite some time but, thankfully, they didn't have any head injuries." She tucked a stray hair behind my ear with a small smile once she saw my face brighten by the news of my parents being awake. "They mentioned that if their recovery stays on track then they may be getting discharged next week, if everything continues this way. Now, keep in mind that they will need all the help they can get for everything," she reminded me with a stern look, to which I nodded without hesitation.

"Of course, that's why I'm here," I told her with a small smile. "Can I see them?" I inquired with hopeful eyes as I looked at my grandmother.

"Yes, very well dear. Let's go then, they should be awake at this time." She nodded and extended her hand out to Tomás to ensure he'd stay close by in the crowded airport. We all walked hand in hand, Tomás in the middle, as me made our way towards grams' car.

We drove to the hospital with a faint tune playing in the background. I drowned out the melody, focusing on my parents and how much I had missed them these last couple of months. The last couple of months. Hobi. I hadn't allowed myself to cry on the plane and it seemed like the dejection was catching up to me. However, before I could dwell on the fact that Hobi wasn't here with me, the driver spoke up, "We're here."

I dashed out of the car in haste, the thought of my parents were the only thing running through my mind. I didn't bother to ask the front desk for the directions, remembering the room grams told me they were in. Once I spotted the room number, I took a deep breath before turning the doorknob to walk in.

There they were, all wrapped up in bandages but with their signature smiles on their faces as they conversed about something. My mom had a cut on her bottom lip while her body was covered in casts but according to grams, she'll be able to walk after this, as will my dad who was covered with casts as well while sporting a deep cut on his cheek that ran all the way from his eyebrow to his nose.

Albeit seeing my parents like this shocks me and worries me, I can't help but feel content at the sight of their smiles shining even in their worst moments. "Mum, Dad," I whispered, capturing their attention. I smiled at them, still frozen by the door.

"Luna!" Dad exclaimed and I quickly ran over to him with a smile, hugging him as carefully as I could. I then turned to my mum who displayed a grin from ear to ear at the sight of me before I engulfed in a hug, but reminded myself to be just as careful with her as I was with my dad earlier. I couldn't hold back my relief and happiness, seeing them awake, smiling, alive.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Seoul!" Mum exclaimed with a bright grin without moving anything other than her face muscles.

"Well, you were— are hurt! How could I have just stayed?" I frowned as if it were obvious. "How are you guys feeling? Does it hurt too bad? Do you need anything?"

"We're okay, darling." My dad patted the spot on the hospital bed next to him. "Now c'mon, how about you tell us all about South Korea?" He questioned with his bright familiar grin.

"Oh yes sweetie! We want to know everything," mum added with a beaming smile, even through the multiple bandages.

"Wait but, what about you? How are you guys? What happened?"

"Luna honey, I love you but if I have to talk about this damn accident one more time, I think I'll actually lose it," dad grumbled with a scowl, making my mum stifle a laugh as if to agree with his answer.

"Okay, noted. No talking about the accident, yet," I told them, emphasizing the last word, which earned me a roll of the eyes from my dad and a reluctant nod from my mom.

My mind immediately went back to Hobi as I thought about Seoul. Instinctively, my hand touched the gold necklace that now rested on my neck.

The sun to my moon.

"Alright." I nodded with a small smile, the necklace playing against my finger tips. "Well, let's start with Vi."

And so I told them about Vi, Hwayoung, Eloise, my tutoring, Hobi, the musical... I told them about everything. I answered their questions and even spoke Korean if they asked me to, which was more common than I expected them to but I didn't mind.

"I'd like to meet this Hobi," my dad stated with a stern look as he glanced at my mum.

I looked down at my necklace with a smile playing on my lips. "Maybe one day," I sighed with a sad smile lingering on my lips.

"Why not now, honey?" My mum questioned delicately and quietly, careful not to invoke any unpleasant emotions from me.

"Now's not the time for us," I told them with tears in my eyes but a small smile still lingering on my lips. "But one day, in the future, it will be." I nodded to myself with a small smile as a tear escaped my eye.

Now, we focus on ourselves and our own lives.

Hobi helped me find my purpose, guided me when I was utterly lost in the world.

He helped me find my way, held my hand when I needed him, supporting me whenever I doubted myself. Hoseok kept me grounded, in the best possible way.

I know I'll always love him, and I know this will not be the end of our story.

But until then, it's my turn to construct my own path.

And one day, our paths will cross once more.

The End.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .
author's note

don't hate me please🥺
i love u

please read the rumination,
i'll explain there.

this is the end of forget me not. there will be no sequels or at least not anytime soon.

the next book will be updated after the rumination though so please read the rumination!

i hope u liked this book🥺

as always, stay safe my loves<3