013

Luna

Luna

"Hey Luna," Hobi interrupted the comfortable silence in the car.

"Yes?" I questioned after I licked some of the ice cream off of my cone.

"Why did you decide to come to South Korea?" He looked up at me curiously before licking some of his ice cream.

I briefly looked at him before looking down at my ice cream again. "I wanted to learn more, I suppose. I think you don't get to really appreciate a language if you don't immerse yourself into the culture as well. The culture teaches you things you can't read about in books," I shrugged before looking up at him once more. "Eastern culture was always so interesting and foreign to me. I guess it always intrigued me," A small smile escaped my lips as I thought about language arts. "And I wanted to help others whenever they needed help with foreign languages."

He nodded lightly with a small smile playing on his lips. "Helping others like me?" He whispered.

"Precisely," I hummed before letting out a quiet laugh.

"So, what exactly are you planning to do with your language arts degree?" He inquired as he positioned himself to look straight at me.

"I haven't really thought about it yet," I grimaced. "Either an interpreter or a professor," I smiled excitedly at the thought of either of those being a future job of mine.

"Mm, I see you more as a professor," He smiled before licking his ice cream.

"No shit, I'm your tutor," I rolled my eyes at him but he simply let out a mocking laugh at my statement.

"Maybe that does influence my argument but you just don't really strike me as an interpreter," He shrugged before licking the melting mint chocolate chip off his cone.

"Why is that?" I pondered as I tilted my head.

"Well, I've learned a lot from you," He whispered softly.

"Have you now?" I teased with a bright smile.

"Yeah, you make everything sound so easy. Your perseverance and passion when you work and teach astonishes me at times. It makes me want to learn. It's not even about passing the class but because you make it fun for me. You motivate me, and I wish I had teachers that would have done the same for me in the past," He explained as his eyes widened whenever he voiced his thoughts.

I instinctively frowned at his sweet words. "Hobi," I breathed quietly, halting him from going any further.

"Wha- Oh, I'm sorry. I got a little carried away, huh?" He chuckled awkwardly.

"No, I-" I paused as I looked up at him. "You're so sweet," I blurted.

His eyes widened as he let out a breathless laugh and scratched the back of his neck.

"I— I mean, thank you," I cleared my throat. "It really means a lot to me that you saw that in me," I smiled shyly before looking down at my ice cream.

"Of course, Professor Reyes," He nudged my side with a small grin taking over his lips.

"Just eat your ice cream before it melts," I chuckled with a shake of my head.

"The ice cream can't melt if it's already melted," He grimaced as some ice cream spilled on his hand.

"Hoseok!" I exclaimed and quickly placed my napkin on his hand and another under his ice cream cone. Our fingers brushed slightly but I quickly ignored it and kept piling napkins around and under his hands to stop the ice cream from spilling any further.

I tried to focus on the mess he was making but all I focus on was the feeling of his eyes on me throughout it all.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .
author's note:

hey guys :)
hope u're all doing well and had a great day

hadn't updated in almost a week, i apologize.

but i wanted to update for you guys and i missed u <3

i hope every one of u is eating well and taking care of urselves.

ur mental health comes first so do something that makes u smile today :)

stay safe, that corona virus seems to be everywhere! remember to protect urselves, please

much love babz🤍