046

[double update !! please read chapter 045 beforehand! thank uu ! <3]

Luna

I checked-in my suitcase at the counter and was now on my way to security. I speed walked through the mob of people saying goodbye to their significant others or simply getting in line to begin their travelling process. I let out a breath once I finally made it to the line for security, it extended right towards the open hallway.

I anxiously looked down at my wristwatch, desperately hoping I'll arrive home on time. I let out a sigh, seeing that I only had forty five minutes before my plane boards. I had, approximately, fifteen people ahead of me and the security guards seemed to be moving in slow motion in the worst time possible. "C'mon," I whispered under my breath, but much to my surprise, my faint whisper didn't speed anything up.

Realizing that merely staring the security guards down into hurrying up won't work, I averted my attention to the people around me. Everyone seemed to be in the same rush as I was, bustling and panting as they attempted to catch the last flight to their destinations.

"Luna!" I heard someone shout, making me jump in place, no longer in a trance. I quickly turned around, knowing that voice anywhere. Surely enough, I spotted his mop of red hair rushing towards me.

"Hobi," I whispered with a bright smile. God, how desperately I tried to distract my thoughts from him as I waited for the ridiculously long line to move.

"Wait," he panted as he reached me. His eyes squinted as his hands found their way to his knees. I faintly giggled at his exhausted state, his forehead was even decorated with a few droplets of sweat. "Luna," he panted, having enough strength to stand up straight again.

I smiled to myself before I realized the line had started to move. Wait, not now, not when he's here. I reluctantly took a step forward, knowing how quickly the line would start moving now that new guards came in for their work shifts."What is it baby? I have to go before my plane leaves," I whispered with a frown as I extended my hand to hold his, sparing a glance at the line of people behind me.

"I know, I know," he said, clearly recovered from his earlier sprint. "B-but I got you something," he whispered with a smile, but not his signature heart shaped smile, it was smaller— this, as I came to realize was his nervous smile. He fished for the unknown gift in his pockets, averting his gaze from my eyes to the box in his hands.

I looked at him anxiously, not knowing what to expect. He merely grinned at my uncertain expression, extending the red velvety box to me. "It's not much b-but it reminded me of us and-"

I opened the box to find a necklace, engraved with a sun and a moon. "Us," I whispered under my breath, a small smile grazing my lips. "I'm the moon and you're the sun," I gasped as I ran my fingers through the enthralling necklace, never taking my eyes off of it.

"Polar opposites, like us, but there's a balance between them. We're different yet we work, we're too extremes that come together to make a balance, one that I'd never change, not ever." Hobi smiled as he placed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You-" I started but he shook his head, as if to tell me that he wasn't done.

"Y-you showed me light when I was in my darkest place yet. And we'll meet again someday, Luna, I know it," he whispered before leaning in to kiss my lips one last time.

"Hobi," I whispered against his lips. "I might have been your tutor but you've taught me so much. You make it sound like I did a lot here but, you did too. You taught me how to make the most out of everything I have, to go for the things I want... you taught me what it feels like to feel loved." I held tightly onto his hand with a small smile as I took a step forward in line, knowing my turn was coming soon.

"You make me feel less lost in this crazy, uncertain life we live in. You make everything fall into place. And, I might have taught you some things, Hoseok, but trust me when I say that you did the same for me," I told him and pressed a kiss on his cheek. I pulled away, looking up at his dark brown eyes, trying to memorize them to the best of my ability.

"Ma'am, you're next." I heard the security guard say from behind me.

I simply nodded at her words but my eyes were still trained on Hoseok's. "I have to go now," I whispered before pressing a chaste kiss on his lips. "I love you," I uttered, knowing those would be the last words I'd tell him in person.

"I love you too. I can't wait to see all the great things you'll do, Professor Reyes," he mumbled with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes and pecked my lips, letting my hand go.

And just like that, I left.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .
author's note

double update because i missed you guys🥺

how do y'all feel about their goodbye?
do u think it's really goodbye or not?

this chapter actually made me a bit sad ngl :'(

i hope u guys liked it.
what did u think?

also, this is the necklace hobi gives to luna^^

countdown:
-2

as always, stay safe loves <3