rumination

not an update but please read.

(lowercase intended)

hello!! this is something some authors i really like do at the end of their stories and it's really changed my perspective in some aspects of their books. i had a chance to understand the characters better and discover little details that i hadn't noticed before. so i would like to the same for you, my readers.

if you're here after Red Tulips, then i did the same for that book. you can expect this rumination to look similar but obviously different. please stick around !!

1. Luna (past/before south korea)

i didn't explicitly talk about luna's past because i didn't want to just dump it in the middle of the story, you know? however, i did insinuate and mention many things.

let's start with her name, luna reyes. her name and last name are both from latin descent. it was mentioned in the book but for those who don't remember, she's originally from spain. however, she considers england her home as you can see in the prologue and really, throughout the whole book.

luna always loved diversity, being an immigrant herself. and so she decided to travel all the way to asia. she wanted something new, a fresh start but she also wanted to learn. as you can see in the prologue where she says, "I'm a foreigner in a distant land, a long way from home. Truthfully, I craved an adventure, a change from my mundane life in England." (chapter 000.5) luna always wished to venture out.

she loved changes and learning from them, thus, prompting her to study abroad at seoul.

2. lost

when luna first came to seoul, all she knew was that she wanted a change, no matter how big. she was feeling lost and needed time to herself, to truly discover what she enjoyed the most.

albeit she knew she always wanted to major in language arts, luna didn't know what to do with a degree on it. she felt like time was passing her by while she stayed rooted in her spot.

so when finals week from their fall semester rolled around, luna decided to take up tutoring, to help those who are struggling with their testing. and so, she met hwayoung (our red tulips baby).

as she continued to tutor some students here and there, she eventually grew a friendship with hwayoung. luna enjoyed tutoring and getting along with her students, but still wasn't sure if this was what she always wanted to do.

3. epiphany

luna then got to tutor our baby hobi (!!!) who was fairly behind in his english class. he was someone who didn't take tutoring seriously at first but she still could see how much he did want to learn.

so he became her most challenging student, but also her most precious. as she stayed hours on end with hoseok in the library, she felt light and relaxed.

luna loved teaching and the satisfaction it brought her when they understood and could do their assignments on their own. and so, with every tutoring session she fell more and more in love with teaching

she realized that maybe she wasn't so lost anymore.

4. her feelings for hobi