Chapter Three

Excuse any errors.
_______________________________

MyAngel

1 Month Later

"So, you tryna tell me shorty not wrong for fakin her death like that? While she was pregnant?" Kareem asked as he stuffed his face with popcorn.

"He was beating on her, and he was manipulative as fuck so nah I don't think she was wrong. Hell, I woulda did the same shit."

"I mean, yea you got a point but she got her friend involved and now shorty dead."

We were sitting on the couch watching Til Death Do Us Part. We had been spending a lot of time together since the party. We've really just been enjoying each other's company. Nothing more than that. It felt nice to spend time with someone other than Reign and Ryan.

"Mama." Aiden said walking out of the room rubbing his eyes. I put him down for a nap about an hour ago. I paused the TV before holding my arms out. He ran over to me and I sat him in my lap.

"Wassup lil man." Kareem said holding out his hand. Aiden looked at me before looking back at Kareem and placing his hand in his palm. "He look just like you."

"As he should." I chuckled before standing up and putting him into his high chair. I knew he was hungry. He hasn't eaten since breakfast.

"If you don't mind me askin, where his dad?"

"Me and his dad were never in a relationship. It was like a sneaky link type deal. When he found out I was pregnant, he wanted me to get an abortion and I told him no. He walked out and I haven't seen nor heard from him since."

"Damn, so you been raisin him on your own?"

"With the help of my aunt and dad, yea."

"You in school and raisin a child on your own? Damn ma, you on some super woman type shit." I laughed before handing Aiden his food.

"I just wanna give him a good life, you know?"

"You will. By the looks of it, you a good ass mother. He lucky to have you."

"Thank you." I said smiling at the compliment.

"I'm starting to like spendin time with you MyAngel. On some real shit, you bring a nigga peace."

"I'm glad. Seems like you got enough craziness in your life."

"You don't know the half." He chuckled. "But nah for real, I think a nigga startin to catch feelings."

"Kareem I-"

"Oh shit. You not feelin a nigga like that huh?"

"No, it's not that. We just started kickin it, you know? Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy your company and spending time with you but I know how deep you are in these streets. You wouldn't have time for a relationship, let alone a relationship involving a child. And, I'm still in school. I leave in a month. It wouldn't be fair to you to get into a relationship and then I up and leave. We both live two different lives, and I just don't wanna put us through the long distance shit."