Chapter Ten

Excuse any errors.
___________________________

MyAngel

My eyes fluttered open and I looked over at the clock. It was going on 1:30 AM, and I realized I was still in the hospital bed with Kareem. I yawned before sitting up, causing him to wake up.

"You good?" He asked. His voice was a little raspy.

"Yea, I gotta head out and get back to Aiden." I said getting out of the bed. "I can come back in the morning."

"Nah, spend time with ya family. I'll be out in a couple of days after surgery."

"Surgery? Meech said-"

"It's a minor surgery. Imma be straight. I promise."

"Okay." I smiled before bending down to peck his lips. "I'll see you later."

"Yes ma'am."

The Next Morning

"Mama." I heard Aiden say. I opened my eyes and saw him staring right at me. I chuckled to myself before kissing his forehead.

"Goodmorning baby." I threw my legs over the side of the bed and headed into the kitchen. My aunt was in there cooking. I forgot about the spare key I had under the mat. "Morning auntie." I said taking a seat in the bar stool.

"Morning." She sighed. "I know you just woke up, but have you thought about what you wanna do with-" She was cut off by a knock on the door. Assuming that it was Reign, I opened the door. To my surprise, it was Ryan.

"Hey." I said pulling him into a hug.

"Hey." He said pulling out of the hug. "We gotta talk." I nodded my head before slipping on my slides and following him out.

"Wassup?"

"You wasn't gone tell me about ya pops?"

"I'm sorry." I sighed. "It just happened last night. I still haven't processed it myself. I haven't told Reign yet either." He just nodded his head.

"That's all?"

"She told me you was pregnant."

"I am."

"Congrats."

"Ryan, I know we haven't talked about what happened at Reign's party but-"

"We ain't gotta talk about it. We was drunk. Done deal. What this mean for you and Reem?"

"I don't know. We haven't talked about it yet. He's in the hospital."

"Oh, ight." He nodded again.

"I hope this isn't weird for us. I still want you in my life."

"It ain't gone be weird." I nodded. "I'll let you get back in there. Keep me updated with everything though, okay?"

"Okay." I pulled him on for another hug before going back into the house.

"Everything okay?" My aunt asked. I nodded. "Okay, so about your father's funeral-"

"We're not doing a funeral. My daddy always said he wanted to be cremated so I'm gonna respect those wishes."