Chapter Nineteen

Excuse any errors.
___________________________

MyAngel

4 Months Later

"Your blood pressure is extremely high." Dr. Lynn said to me as she removed the cuff from my arm. "Have you been under a lot of stress lately?"

"Sorta. It's just a lot goin on right now. I've been tryin to keep it under control. Guess it's not working."

"With you being 8 months now, it's important to keep your stress to a minimum. We don't want you to have any complications during the delivery process, okay?" I  nodded my head, . "Alright, let me print these pictures off for you and you'll be on your way."

"Okay." As she walked out of the room, I sat there and stared at the ceiling. It's been 4 months since Reem went away and it gets harder everyday. He stopped calling everyday like he used to. I only hear from him once a week now, twice on a good week.

He has a court hearing tomorrow, and I'm a little relieved. I've been on edge not knowing how much longer he'll have to be in there. They still haven't identified Melo's body, so I'm hoping that he doesn't get that much time. I know he'll still do time for shooting him though.

"Alright, here are your pictures. Remember what I said about stress, okay? I'll see you in a few weeks."

"Okay, thank you again Dr. Lynn." She smiled before walking out the room. I got down from the table and walked out to my car.

"MyAngel?" I heard a voice call out. I looked over and saw Ryan walking up to me.

"Hey Ryan." I said pulling him into a hug. "Where you been? I haven't seen you since Aiden's party."

"Yea, I've been workin on a lil something. See that barber shop across the street?" He pointed. "I just opened it up."

"Congratulations Ry. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you." He said smiling. "Look, I heard about Reem. Sorry I ain't reach out before, but you know I'm here for you if you need me. To help out with Aiden or if you just need someone to talk to."

"Imma need all the help I can get honestly. Reem has court tomorrow. We'll finally know how much time he'll get."

"I'll watch Aiden. I miss my boy." I chuckled before speaking.

"I bet he misses you too. Court is at 9 so I'll drop him off with you around 8."

"Fasho." We stood there and stared in silence for a minute before I cleared my throat.

"I gotta get back to the shop, but yea just text me in the morning." I nodded my head before getting into the car and heading over to Ms. Shirley's house. She watched Aiden today while I had my appointment.

Pulling into the driveway, I saw her sitting on the porch holding Aiden who was asleep in her arms. She spoils him so much, but I love that she loves him like her own. I got out of the car and headed up to the porch before taking a seat.

"How was the appointment?" She asked. Letting out a deep sigh, I started crying.

"I can't do this." I managed to choke out. She got up and walked Aiden into the house before coming back out and pulling me into a hug. "Reem doesn't call as much as he used to and Aiden asks about him everyday." I say sniffling. "He always asks 'where's daddy' or 'when's daddy coming home'. How do you explain this to a two year old? He's a smart boy, he knows that he's supposed to have a mommy and a daddy present and I just don't know how to explain this to him."