Chapter Six

Excuse any errors.
__________________________________

Kareem

"Stacie, bring yo ass back here!" I yelled after her as I walked into the warehouse. I followed her into my office and sat Aiden down in a chair. I handed him my phone before turning my attention back to Stacie.

"This your baby Reem, and I'm not finna argue with you about it." She said crossing her arms.

"I only been outta jail for about two months Stacie. I ain't touched you since you came and visited me, and that was bout three, four months ago."

"Exactly nigga, I'm three months." She said rolling her eyes.

"This fantasy you got of us being together need to stop. You and I both know that ain't my baby." She walked up to me and slapped me across the face. I wrapped my hands around her neck and pinned her against the wall. "The fuck is wrong with you? Don't put yo damn hands on me no more." I let her go and she placed her hands on her neck. "If you wasn't so far along, I would tell you to abort it."

"Kareem..."

"I ain't doin shit for this baby til I know it's mine."

I grabbed Aiden from the chair and walked out to the car. I got him situated before walking over to the drivers side.

I had a strong feelin that Stacie was lyin about that baby bein mine. She bitter, and mad that I don't wanna be with her. She would do anything to try to get me to be with her.

If it was my child though, I would have to come clean to MyAngel and possibly risk losing her. And I ain't want that to happen.

MyAngel

I walked into the hospital room and saw my dad looking at the tv. He looked over and smiled at me.

"Baby girl." He said weakly motioning for me to come over. I climbed into bed and wrapped my arms around him.

"Why didn't you tell me it was this bad?" I asked barely above a whisper.

"This reason right here. I hate seeing you upset. The same look you got on your face now is the same look you had when you found your mother dead. I was eventually gonna tell you but-"

"You didn't want me to stress."

"I knew you would leave school, and I didn't want that. You've worked too hard."

"The doctor told me you only had a few days to a week left if you don't do dialysis. If you-"

"I'm not doing dialysis My My."

"What?" I asked looking up at him.

"I'm not doing treatment. That would just prolong things, and I don't wanna suffer." He said looking down at me. "I'm tired of suffering." I heard a crack in his voice, which caused my tears to fall. "I love you MyAngel. I always have, and I always will."

I hated that my dad didn't wanna do treatment. Part of me felt selfish for that. I understood that he didn't wanna suffer anymore, but I just wasn't ready to let him go yet.