Chapter Fifteen

Excuse any errors.
_______________________________

Kareem

I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing from the nightstand. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. 3:34 a.m. Who the fuck callin this early?

I slowly moved my arm from around MyAngel and picked up the phone. It was Meech. Clearing my throat, I answered.

"Yo?" I said into the phone.

"Bro I gotta talk to you. Business. Get down to the warehouse ASAP."

I sighed heavily before getting out the bed, making sure not to wake MyAngel.

"Ight man, I'm on the way." I said before getting out the bed. I slipped on grey sweats and sweatshirt before walking down the stairs. I slipped on my slides and turned off the alarm system before heading out the door.

I pulled up to the warehouse about 25 minutes later. I turned the car off before heading in. 

"Yo." I called out. Jarod walked out from behind some crates. I wasn't really fuckin with him after he somehow let Stacie get away, but he did away with Melo's body and I gave him props for that. "What you doin here?" I asked. He looked like he ain't ate or took a shower in days.

"I-" He was cut off by the door opening.

"Reem man, the feds been lookin more into this Melo shit." Meech said walking up to us. "I thought you did away with the body?" He asked now giving Jarod his attention. I could tell he was pissed.

"Chill out bruh." I said calming him down. "He did, but somebody reported him missing. They ain't find the body so we good on that, right? They just goin off speculation."

"There's camera footage man."

"The fuck you mean there's camera footage? That building been abandoned for years. "

"The convenient store across the street bro."

"Fuck man!" I sighed loudly before rubbing my hands down my face.

"What's on the security footage?" 

Meech sighed before speaking. "They got Melo walking in with MyAngel and never walking out, they got Stacie walking in and out, and...." He trailed off on the last part.

"And what nigga? Stop beatin around the bush."

"They got MyAngel leaving, meaning her and Stacie gone be the main two suspects since they the only ones that walked out. The security cameras was going in and out, that's all they could get. My cousin work at that convenient store. He told me about the cops rolling through."

"Fuck!"

"If we think this shit out clearly, she gone be straight." Jarod said butting in.

"She can't know about this, not right now. Her ass gone start panicking and shit and ion want nothing happening to the baby." I said. "I need to go talk to Stacie ass before they get to her. Meech, clean this shit up just in case they come creepin through here. Make it look like a legit business. You know where to hide the shit at, ion need them tryna lock me up for this shit again."