Chapter Twenty

Excuse any errors.
________________________

MyAngel

2 Days Later

"Thanks for keeping him an extra day." I said to Ryan as he placed Aiden in his bed. "I just needed time alone to process everything. I didn't want him around me like that."

"You ain't gotta thank me. You know I'll do anything for y'all." I kissed Aiden's cheek before closing his door and walking down the stairs with Ryan.

"You want something to drink?"

"Water." I nodded my head and walked into the kitchen. He hopped up on the counter and I handed him the water. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"The house is nice. Y'all living lavish and shit." He joked.

"I know. It almost seems too big for just us though." I said resting my hand on my stomach.

"When you due?" He asked breaking the silence.

"A few weeks." I sighed. "I have a feeling she might come early. I been stressin a lot."

"You ready?"

"I am. I'm just a little in my feelings that Kareem isn't gonna be able to witness it. It's unfair you know? He was there for Stacie, but he's not here for me. I mean, I know I can't hold that against him but, I don't know." I said sighing deeply. I felt the tears form in my eyes just thinking about it. "I'm sorry."

"You ain't gotta apologize. I know it's hard." He said pulling me into a hug.

"I just- the thought of raising them alone is crazy. I know I did it with Aiden, but it wasn't as hard. He's still young, so takin care of him and a newborn is a lot. I don't want him to feel abandoned."

"Look at me." He said lifting my chin. "You got me, Reign, Ms. Shirley. Everybody. You will never be alone." I stared at him for a minute before standing on my tippy toes and softly kissing his lips. He pulled away and just looked at me.

"We can't-"

"I know, I'm sorry." I said. "I don't know why I did it I just-"

"Stop apologizing. It's okay." He said with a smile. "I know you goin through a lot. You only doin this because you stressed and you vulnerable." I just nodded my head. "It's gettin late so imma head out, but imma be at the baby shower tomorrow."

"Thank you. For everything."

"Of course. Get some rest." He said before kissing my forehead and walking out.

Walking upstairs, I noticed that Rod's light was still on. I knocked lightly before walking in. He was sitting at the computer doing homework.