Chapter Eight

Excuse any errors.
____________________________

MyAngel

"Who the fuck is that?" I asked still looking in that direction. Kareem was standing side by side with some girl. It was obvious that she was pregnant.

"That's Stacie." Ryan said. I started to walk over there but Reign instantly pulled me back.

"You got enough on your plate already. Don't go over there and add on to it." She grabbed my hand and led me back over to the waiting area.

"You right. I'm gonna go back there and see my dad."

"I'm going too." Ryan said grabbing my hand. "You not alone in this." I nodded my head and walked towards the sliding doors.

Seeing him laying in the bed hooked up to all of these machines broke my heart. I walked over to the bed and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"First my mama, now my daddy." I choked out. "This shit is unreal. I can't do this by myself." I said as tears streamed down my face.

"I just told you, you ain't alone." He said pulling me into another hug. "Me and Reign here. Her people, my people. You know we got you."

I looked up at the heart monitor and it was beeping, but it was slow.

"It's been a long day, and you ain't ate. Come on." I looked down at my phone and saw it was going on 5. I gave my dad one last kiss on the forehead before following Ryan out of the room.

When we reached the lobby, I noticed Reign was gone but Kareem was sitting in a chair. When he noticed me and Ryan, he got up and walked over to us. I watched as him and Ryan dapped each other up.

"Imma check up on you later, ight?" Ryan said to me. I nodded my head as we walked away.

"MyAngel-"

"I really don't wanna hear shit you gotta say." I said cutting Kareem off. I knew he was about to give me some lame ass excuse as to why he went AWOL, and I didn't wanna hear it. I had enough shit on my plate. I headed towards the exit and he followed me out.

"I ain't bout to chase yo ass." I heard him yell. "I been going through some shit." He said walking closer to me. "I knew you was goin through shit with ya pops, and I ain't wanna add onto it ight?"

"Who was that girl?"

"Who?"

"Kareem, don't act fuckin stupid. Who was that girl from earlier? She pretty. That's ya girlfriend? That's why you ghosted me and Aiden? You could've just told me." He chuckled to himself before answering.

"That's just Stacie. She be around the warehouse and shit. We ain't together."

"If y'all ain't together, why were you with her?"

"Damn, what's with the third degree? You questionin me like you my bitch or somethin. She might be havin my baby, ight?" He said raising his voice a little. "That's it, that's all."

I chuckled a little bit before slapping him.

"Fuck you, and go to hell. I brought you around my damn child and you went AWOL and got another bitch pregnant? You was in my house, all in my face sayin how you wanted to be with me and shit. How you wanted to build with me. That's bullshit!"