Chapter Eleven

Excuse any errors.
__________________________

MyAngel

"It's your birthday baby." I squealed picking Aiden up. He laughed uncontrollably while clapping his hands. I placed him in his high chair and handed him some strawberries to hold him over while I made breakfast.

I heard my phone ring on the counter. I looked down and saw it was Ms. Shirley, Kareem's mom. Once me and Kareem got our relationship back on track, I became really close with his mom. She's really good with Aiden, and she treats him like he's her biological grandson. He loved her and she loved him right back.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Goodmorning honey. Is my baby up yet?"

"Yes ma'am, he is. I'm making him breakfast now and then we'll head over there."

Ms. Shirley insisted that we have Aiden's birthday party at her house. She lives on the other side of town in one of the safest neighborhoods in The Bronx.

"Okay, sounds good. I just got off the phone with the decorators and they said they would come set the bouncy house up in the next couple of hours."

"Okay, perfect. Thank you again for letting me have it at your house."

"Of course. Y'all just hurry and get on over here."

"Yes ma'am." We exchanged goodbyes before hanging up. There was a knock on the door. Assuming it was Reign, I yelled come in.

"Happy birthday auntie baby!" She squealed before dropping the bags on the ground and rushing to pick him up.

"Girl all this shit you bought. He definitely takin it back to your house."

"Hell no. I got shit that make noise too. Enjoy." She smiled. I laughed before getting back to cooking.

"I can't believe he's two already. My baby growing up so fast." She said rocking him back and forth causing him to laugh. "Girl you really got a two year old. Can you believe it?"

"And I'm bout to have another one." I sighed. "Crazy."

"You keepin it?!" She asked as her eyes widened. "I hope it's a girl."

"Reem told me to. He said we were his priority so.." I shrugged.

"That's cute shit. I'm so happy for y'all, for real."

"Thank you." I said smiling while fixing plates. "How are you and Meech?"

She strapped Aiden back into his high chair before sitting at the table.

"Girl, we really just been enjoying each other company. He ain't got no kids, which is a plus because you know damn well I don't do kids except for my baby Aiden." I chuckled, joining her at the table. "I haven't heard from him today though which is weird because he usually call in the mornings."

"Yea, I ain't heard from Reem either but he said he would be at the party."

"You invited Melo?"