Chapter Sixteen

Excuse any errors.
_________________________

MyAngel

My heart was beating fast with every step I took. The police came to the house this morning and picked me up for questioning. After Reign dropped the bomb on me that it was possibly Melo's body that was found, I've been on edge.

I sat down in the chair and placed my hands on the table as Detective Jones sat across from me.

"State your name and date of birth. This is just for the recording." He said turning on the recorder.

"MyAngel Rodriguez. My birthday is December 8th."

"Your relationship to LeMelo Richardson?"

"He was my sons father."

"Can you tell me what happened on the night that Mr. Richardson was killed?"

I sighed deeply before answering.

"He kidnapped me."

"And why is that?"

"I don't know. Mad because I wouldn't let him see my son. We previously had problems and the court was involved. He was trying to prove a point."

"What point?"

"That he was in control I guess."

"And who else was there with you."

"Stacie came to save me. After she got me away, we left. We didn't see Melo any time after that."

"How did she save you?"

"Melo had stepped out for a while. That's when Stacie came in and got me."

"So no one else was there?"

"No." He cleared his throat before turning the recorder off.

"Are you aware that we found Mr. Richardson's body?"

I just nodded my head. Reign said it was a possibility that they found him, but it was never confirmed. I figured they were just trying to shake me up.

"There was a gun shot wound. You know anything about that?"

"I just told you we left. Whatever happened to him afterwards has nothing to do with me. Melo had a lot of enemies. It could be anybody." He just nodded his head.

"Okay. You do know if we come across more information and find out you knew more than you're telling you could be charged too, right?" I nodded my head. "Well we're done here, you can leave now." I got up from the table and walked out into the waiting area. I saw Reign sitting in one of the chairs.

"How was it?" She asked as we walked out of the station.

"They not done looking into this. One of us is gonna go to jail Reign." She sighed before starting the car and driving towards the warehouse.

"Ion know how many times I gotta tell you to stop stressin. You gone be straight. You won't be the one to go down for this."

"They mentioned a gun shot wound. That can't just be a coincidence. And the detective sounded sure that the body found was Melo's."