II | For Love

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      "Hannah. Pst – Hannah." Disoriented, the younger Brandon shifted on her stone cold bed. It creaked with her movement as she blearily blinked her eyes open. A light slap came to her cheeks, her guest tirelessly trying to speed up her recovery.

      A sour taste filled Hannah's mouth as she flexed her jaw. Her last electrotherapy session had taken much more out of her than she could imagine. She still couldn't feel her limbs, but she managed to push herself onto her butt in an upright position.

      Mansion stood before her. A man she quickly realized was not, in fact, a man. Upon her and Mary Alice's admission, they had grown an endearing relationship with him. Truthfully, he was the father she wished she originally had and thankfully, he treated them as such. Often times, he protected them from majority of the cruel punishments they would have to endure otherwise. Hannah appreciated him greatly. If not for him, she'd most likely would already be dead.

      "My dear Anna, there is no time to waste. I have a proposition for you and I know you'll take it seriously." This caught the brunette's attention.

      "What is it, Mansion?" Her words didn't sound quite right on her tongue. The pitch and pronunciation was all wrong; yet, Mansion didn't show her any pity, which she was grateful for.

      "It has to do with Mary Alice. Something dreadful is coming and the only way to escape this place and him, is if you two to undergo a change." It took a minute for Hannah's non-cooperating brain to comprehend what he was saying, but after a few minutes she understood completely. She didn't want to undergo any type of change that he was referring to; however, if it would save her sister's life, she'd do anything.

      Hannah felt as though she failed Alice once, she wasn't going to do it again.

      Staring him in his honey colored eyes, she gulped. And with shaking hands, she slowly raised her hand to her collar and tugged at her neckline. Bravely, she exposed the column of her throat, already purple and blue from bruises. She didn't even have to ask any more questions, her mind was set. "Do what you must, Mansion. You already know I'll fight tooth and nail to protect my sister."

      His eyes flickered over her pale flesh before he met her eyes for the last time. "I wish you could see just how selfless you really are, Hannah May." He cupped the side of her ashen face as tears gathered in her eyes. She could barely see him beyond the blurriness. "You are a good sister, whether you believe it or not."

      Leaning forward, he placed a solemn kiss upon her forehead. Hannah took in a shaky breath, her lower lip wobbling as she struggled to swallow the lump in her throat. "Close your eyes," He coached, to which she warily complied.