II. VIII | For The Mission

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   "This is the best place to get pancakes," Declan mused as he cut into his breakfast. They were at a well known establishment, feeding the human before they forgot to. Hannah found it amusing, how eager the Irishman was to stuff his face.

   Alice lightly rolled her eyes, as if thinking the same as her sister. "I'll take your word for it," She teased, faking like she was eating from her own plate as the server cruised around the diner.

   "Sometimes I forget we have a pet to keep fed every couple of hours, but then every so often, he barks to assert himself." The trio laughed along with Hannah's quip, finding the accuracy hilarious. Even Declan, who was playing a good sport, chuckled with them.

   He stabbed at the decadent bread, tucking the forked food into his mouth. "Can you keep pets, Hannah? Y'know, without feeding on them?"

   Alice leant forward in her seat, whispering to Jasper. Funnily enough, Hannah and Declan were so wrapped up in their tryst, they didn't pay mind to their sidebar. "Perhaps we should stir the conversation to something lighthearted."

   "I doubt it will deter them. We best to let them get it all out now," Jasper shook his head, lightly tapping the silverware on the tabletop as he listened to the argument in amusement.

   "Please, we practice decorum. Something I'm sure you're clan needs some tutoring on." She smirked at him, finding his expression pulled into a similar smize. They were having fun teasing one another. Sometimes, it was a little more hostile but nevertheless, they never took the comments to heart.

   "Decorum, Las, is not what I'd use to describe you."

   "And pray tail, from your short, elementary grade pamphlet of vocabulary words would you use to describe me?" She folded her napkin on her lap, thanking the waitress as she picked up her messed over egg, kindly, before fixing her gaze on Declan.

   Alice leant back in her seat, groaning softly to herself. "Oh god, here were go again." Jasper cackled, covering his mouth with his napkin, though it did little to soften the volume.

   "Cretinous," He wiped his mouth, leaning on his right arm with a smile bordering madness. "Do you know that, your royal highness?"

   Hannah narrowed her eyes at him in indignation, brow raised. "Cretinous: physically deformed and having learning disabilities as a result of congenital thyroid deficiency. Or in your case, and idiot!"

   "Oh, c'mon Hannah. You must use proper words. Try moronic, daft, half-witted, foolish?"

   "Brainless, dimwitted, doltish, nonsensical, imbecilic, ignoramus! I am incredibly intelligent you half-baked simpleton, know your place before I put you there myself." She abruptly stood from the table, scraping her chair against the hard wood floors. All who resided in the diner paused in attention, eyeing the agitated, golden haired immortal curiously.