III. VIII | Of Being One For The Dramatics

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   "Why the long face, handsome?" Hannah taunted as she batted her long eyelashes towards her brooding brother. Edward stared out the window. He had long been pouting since he got home. She remembered it perfectly clear when he sped into the long driveway of their home. She heard him a mile away and Hannah greeted him there, bouncing on her tip toes.

   It was night when he arrived, much to Hannah's excitement. It meant he'd be able to come with them to school the next day. Which was sort of lucky, because it was Friday. 

   Her smile was broad and bright, maybe a little sheepish, but that was for an entirely different reason. Edward did not embrace her at first sight like she hoped. He stared her down, eyes oversaturated with gold and mouth set in a firm line.

   "I already know it won't last long, but I'm upset with you," He said with contempt.

   Hannah frowned in displeasure, her arms lowering to her sides. It was then, that she too, pouted at her immortal – adoptive brother. "Whatever do you have to be angry with me for?"

   He eyed her in the moonlight, her small but bright frame embodied her nickname. Sunshine. Especially, in the dark of the night. Truth was, Edward had to fight with himself real hard to stay mad at her. Because he so very badly wanted to rush to her delicate form and scoop her up in his arms with the biggest bear hug he could muster... But he couldn't, because he was agitated.

   "You know exactly why. Isabella Swan? Ring any bells you meddlesome, know-it-all." Hannah gaped in offense, crossing her arms over her chest.

   "Well, first of all, she prefers to be called Bella. And second, I'm not nosy and I'm certainly not a know-it-all... sometimes." Edward scoffed, walking passed her to enter the house. Hannah was practically stepping on his heels, whining in his ear for not giving her a hug. He ignored her the whole way up the stairs.

   They were like children. Over a hundred years old, babies.

   Which is why she found him sulking in the car, on the way to school, so entertaining. Hannah flicked her finger under his bottom lip, causing the unconscious pout to wobble. Edward instantly glared at her, his gaze hot enough to melt her against the leather seats.

   "If you where that expression long enough, it'll stay that way." She sung as they pulled into the school parking lot.

   "That's actually, physically impossible for us. We don't change," Edward argued back, climbing out of the car with his bag slung over his shoulder.

   Hannah hopped out after him, sliding on a cream colored cardigan for appearances. It was supposedly freezing outside. The rain from the night before had frozen over into sheets of ice. It made the simple action, like walking, into a ice skating event. The air was frosty, causing condensation to instantly stick to her golden hair like ice sickles.