III. XI | Of Double Dates

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

Another long chapter! Also, another little book art of our warm, country couple. Xx

 Xx

   "I didn't foresee myself dancing on a veranda in the early morning as something I'd do... but I'm loving it." Jasper chuckled as he twirled his wife around. Her light blue floral sundress flared around her body beautifully, delighting any onlookers at the breakfast lounge.

   The two decided to spend their second day doing joyous thing, since the night before Hannah was sent into a downward spiral. It wasn't as bad as she thought it'd be – her reaction. However, it surely left an imprint on her mind. So, she wrote it all down in her journal made especially for Alice and then, Jasper promised to take her to do something fun the next day.

   He brought her closer when she turned once more, swaying their bodies side to side along the sweet music. Hannah laid her head on his shoulder, smiling gently as she breathed in his heavenly scent. His hand on the small of her back.

   "Seems we have an audience," He murmured in her ear, pressing a light kiss to the shell.

   Her body hummed contently, not wanting to open her eyes. "Do we? I'm not surprised, but if they try to ask you to dance, I'm going to have to disappoint someone." Jasper lightly rolled his eyes at her possessiveness, flattered all the more.

   "You're looking a little green, darling." She smiled against his neck, nipping at his skin playfully.

   "Oh, please. You've done far worse when you've gotten territorial. I can name ten off the top of my head, sweetheart." His chest rumbled with his amusement, spinning them together as he held her tightly. The couple started dancing when the live pianist began his shift, living up the establishment with their effortless grace along the dancefloor. Soon, pairs around them got up from their tables and joined in, enjoying the atmosphere.

   Jasper vaguely remembered seeing red when they decided to go on an Alaskan cruise and the ship's chief was hitting on Hannah. To say he took it lightly, would be a flat out lie. The immortal simply couldn't help himself.

   Hannah was a gem and he didn't want to lose out on her love. Not that she would dare leave him. It was just a predatorial attribute.

   "I may have been over the top in the past..." He pursed his lips, swaying them to and fro.

   The golden immortal smoothed her hand on the back of his head, running her nails into the curls at the back of his neck. "Don't worry, my love. It usually ends in ravenous sex, no harm done." He laughed, a carefree sound that always brought her joy. Hannah personal goal in life was to make him laugh like that for the rest of her life and longer, if she could help it.