III. XIII | The No Names

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   When Hannah found herself stable enough to go back inside, the new day had begun to present itself. Everyone in the house was getting ready for school. And, although Hannah had never missed a day school other than to hunt, she decided it was best to stay home.

   Jasper was on the phone, outside for some semblance of privacy. He looked so authoritative when speaking to outsiders. His jaw clinched as he stared out into space. His large hand running frequently through his wavy golden hair. Hannah watched him from above. Her arms through over the balcony outside of their room. It was warmer today, which was a first so early into the spring season.

   "You're not coming..." Edward's voice announced itself in her expansive bedroom. His voice was downcast, matching the mood of his adoptive sister perfectly. She didn't even glance at the source; however, and chose to keep her golden eyes focused on her husband. He granted her peace of mind and she wanted to stay in that serene state.

   Edward was rubbing her the wrong way at the moment. It wasn't necessarily him as a person that keyed up her mental pressures, but his decisions. She felt him incredibly selfish, not that she blamed him much. Isabella Swan was his mate and not only that, but his blood singer as well. However, that didn't mean she couldn't give him the cold shoulder for a little while.

   "I do not wish to go," She muttered in a soft whisper.

   Edward flinched. His was so impossibly torn up about this too. He'd fought with himself and thought about the route he was taking by bringing Bella into the fold. He simply couldn't see his life without her. Her quick wit and round about way of answering things. How she changed personalities as soon as she was in front of multiple people at once. All shy and clumsy. That was Isabella and her very existence spurred his undead heart to beat just for her.

   Only her.

   "I didn't... couldn't have any lies between us. I wished to be transparent, for someone to finally see me as who I really am. It's unnatural and completely unexpected, but she accepts me." Edward tried his best to articulate his thoughts, but they were cutting it. He felt like an inadequate infant, learning their first words. Hannah and her lack of voice caused him to stumble over his train of thought. He hated when she was cross with him.

   Even her thoughts were low and hush. Focused solely on the way the wild jostled Jasper's hair as he hung up his phone. "Please, don't undermine your value, it makes my skin fester."

   Edward huffed at her reply, this was hopeless.

   Hannah turned at the sound of a certain southern immortals foot steps. He walked in behind Edward, stepping around him to pad to his wife. The tension in this room was awkward to say the least. It was practically palpable, making his shoulders raise into a cringe. "How are you, Anna?"