III. IX | For Stubborn Star Crossed Lovers

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   "Afternoon, I'm here to see a Isabella Swan. She just came in." Hannah hadn't been to the hospital to visit many humans in her supernatural lifetime. This, she'd admit, was a first. Human life was so incredibly fragile, easily acquitted with only a bloody trace in its wake.

   And the very thought that something terrible had happened to Isabella made Hannah passive aggressively tap her finger nails against the receptionist desk. She mentally willed the woman to hurry it up and give her access. She wanted to do this the natural way, otherwise, she'd be sniffing the Swan out to find her room.

   This method was more... civilized.

   "Ah, yes. She's in room A102, right wing." She smiled small at the golden immortal, still unused to the Cullen children and their magnificence. Hannah walked away as soon as the words slipped off the receptionists tongue, her small feet carrying her towards the specific room. She knew the hospital like the back of her hand by now.

   She knocked her fist against the cracked open door, releasing a rushed breath as she spotted Isabella Swan. The clumsy girl was laid against the hospital cot, struggling to get up with a push of her hand. A bandage was wrapped furiously against her cranium, which was causing her to wince in pain.

   "Oh, thank the gods!" Han hurried over, squeezing the brunette to her chest. Bella squawked, sputtering for may reasons. One, being Hannah's impossibly cold grip and the second, being her grip itself. Hannah was so caught up in the dramatics, she had crushed the Swan in a tight hug. The golden immortal let go, sending her friend a sheepish grin. "So you're okay, no broken bones?"

   Rubbing her arms to cool herself down, she blush profusely. "N-no, thankfully. If it hadn't been for your brother, I'd be a goner..." Bella trailed off, like she just now fully grasped that dark concept. Her throat constricted as she swallowed, a greenish tint taking over her porcelain skin.

   "Oh, honey." Han coddled, brushing her chocolate hair away from her clammy face. "Everything's okay now, you're safe and sound."

   "But –"

   "No buts! I called your dad, I didn't know if the hospital was going to call him right away." Bella held an expression resembling a strangled goose.

   "You called Charlie!? Are you crazy?" Hannah sent her a smile, innocent as can be.

   "I thought the worst! You could've had a concussion, gone into a coma, then we'd have to put you on life support like a freaking vegetable until Charlie had to make the worst decision of his life of whether or not to pull the plug. Of course, I'd console him – but I'm no good at funerals!" Hannah threw her hands in the air, looking and acting much like her sister Alice in that moment. It became clear that they were twins, just by the erratic wide eyed gaze.