II. VI | The Clean Slate

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   Hannah heard the clanging of busy pots and pans as she padded down the stairs. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't waiting to come down when more people were awake. The golden haired immortal didn't want to be put on the spot if it was just her downstairs, and she definitely didn't want to experience any awkward moments.

   Believe it or not she was constantly thinking about these things. Being selectively anti-social could do that to anyone.

   The soft blue fabric of her camisole top adorned her shoulders as she finally caved and wore jeans. It's not like she was in the most clean enviorment. They had a stable with wet gravel covering the grounds she walked on. Hannah would be smarter about her outfit choices from now on, which is why she shoved on some Dunlop bunjee shoes. No pointed flats anywhere in sight.

   Hannah clattered to the main floor to see Ingrid and, unfortunately, Declan in the kitchen. She wondered where her sister was and would've turned right back around if Ingrid hadn't called out to her.

   "Oh, goodday Hannah," She smiled in welcome. 

   Declan looked up as soon as his aunt spoke, a wary expression flickering over his face before it was gone. His aunt elbowed him, causing the man to grunt before he too, greeted the immortal with a strained smile. Han momentarily narrowed her eyes, as if sliting her orbs would make him disappear. Not such luck, she digressed.

   "Morning Ingrid, Declan." Her calming voice held no roughness from sleep. A plus side from never being able to sleep, though she missed the dreaming. "What are you two doing in here?"

   "Well, I was going to kneed this bread for the big meal later today. B-But," The pregnant brunette wipe against her brow, "I need to help Alice set everything up outside. Eveyone will be here for the games any minute."

   Declan furrowed his brows in agitation, crossing his arms over his chest. "Now, why are you working yourself up? If you want to help Alice, by all means." He handed her a dish rag for her sweat before going to fill up a glass of water for her to drink.

   "No, no. Grandpa loves his seedy bread," She pushed the glass out of the way, taking the ingredients out of the fridge. Declan intercepted her, taking the chilled dough out of her hands.

   He gave her a stern expression, the look intermingling with soft admiration. "Aunt, I won't tell you again... I'll take care of this." Ingrid wanted to fight him on it. Her stubborness rearing to the challenge but Hannah saw a need and stepped to the sink to wash her hands.

   "He's right, we'll both help. The least we could do for all the effort you've put in to accommedate us." Ingrid and Declan looked surprised that she pitched in and Hannah didn't know whether to be offended or not. She shut the faucet off with dripping hands, wipping them on a spare rag.