II. V | For Family

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      "Remind me why we're staying at a random strangers house for an entire weekend?" Hannah complained under her breath as she and Jasper rode to the Maccabee residence. Although she was happy for her sister, she still had a chip on her shoulder where Declan was regarded.

      She supposed this was how Alice felt? Though it definitely didn't seem like it. Maybe because Alice most likely had months notice in advance, she had time to mull it over. Unlike Hannah who had a measly two hours to talk with him.

      So far, she found out he was an actual leprechaun. She had studied them for a very brief moment, but otherwise was oblivious of their supernatural makeup. Hannah fought between her intensive curiosity and her reluctance to admit anyone was good enough for her sister. Jasper had become a neutral bridge and she didn't know how to feel about that.

      The southern immortal chuckled lightly at her sulking, his hand reaching out to hold her own. "He's not a stranger, Han. We met him, you agreed to come."

      "I did no such thing, you did. "

      "We're a team, we decide things together. My say is fact, same as yours." He tried to hide his smile, watching as the mossy trees passed by the car window.

      Hannah bristled, narrowing her eyes at him. "Then how come my vote against it wasn't taken as fact?" She tested him, watching as his eyes rolled in amusement.

      "Because my decision was more polite. She's your sister, we should show support... not pout." He turned to flick her pushed out bottom lip, making her aware of the unintentional expression. She smacked his hand away, sighing to herself in resignation.

      "Fine. I'll be cordial, but not forthcoming. He hasn't impressed me as of yet."

      Jasper nodded, giving her an encouraging smile. It warmed her all over, to have his approval. Although she didn't need it, she couldn't help herself from wanting it every now and then. "Of course he hasn't, it's been less than a day. Luckily we'll have all the time over the weekend to bond." He leaned towards to plant a chaste kiss, as if to rub in his teasing words. She simply scowled, accepting the kiss nonetheless.

      "Right here," Jasper called towards the driver as the car came to a stop. The house before them was adorned in old white brick. Thickly caked mud and moss dirtied between the stones, leading all the way up three floors. The sky was grey but the grass was lush, hinting a dark green.

      The hedges were slightly overgrown, leading vines to twirl around the window boxes and shutters. It looked almost English, hadn't the awning and window frames been a burgundy red. Even though Hannah was wary of staying here, she couldn't deny the charming, storybook character of the house. It was borderline magical.