VII | Of Nonsensical Parades

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      "Who is that young man giving you the eye?" Donna asked as she lightly swayed to the music in her shimmering, puffy sleeved, birthday dress. She was eyeing Jasper and Hannah since they entered the party, and she wasn't going to give up on her investigation until she knew the juicy gossip before everyone else did.

      The party was coming to a close. Many of the guests were trickling out to relieve their babysitters who were all in the same class tomorrow. Hannah was cleaning up the mess everyone left behind. Empty cake plates and punch cups littered around. She didn't mind doing the dirty work, as long as Donna enjoyed herself. And by the jubilant smile on her and  Joe's face tonight, she'd say she did well.

      Hannah glanced up from the half full cup of punch and spied Jasper just over the rim, meeting her gaze head on. She shivered. Not because she was cold or had any nerves to elicit such a sensation, it was presumably, force of habit – instinctual.

      "That's... Jasper Whitlock. Just got in today," Hannah shook herself out of the comatose moment and weaved around Donna gracefully to find another piece of trash.

      Donna eyed him up and down suggestively. "Well he's mighty tasty, and he's giving you all of his attention," She hummed suspiciously, watching with a smile as Hannah thoroughly tried to avoid her. "I'd say he fancies you, darling."

      "Please," The golden eyed immortal scoffed, although she knew the probability of that statement was highly accurate.

      "Don't knock it till you knock boots with him, my sweet." Donna chuckled to herself; Hannah knowing full well that if she was human, she'd be blushing tomato red at her joke. She's never even had her first kiss yet. Hannah was a fifty year old in a supposed nineteen year old body and her lips had never dared touch another's, let alone freely lie on her back for another. The idea made her flustered and Jasper could practically feel her dramatic reactions as if it were his own.

      "Oh hush! You southerners are so –so,"

      "Free spoken?" Donna inquired; however, Hannah had a better word.

      "Vulgar," She supplied with a harrumph and a head nod. The conservative woman strode away with a stack of dishes in her arms towards the staff room. Where she'd spend the next thirty minutes scrubbing to her hearts content, thinking of what exactly Jasper Whitlock's intentions were.

      Meanwhile, the southern stud was fighting off the womanly attention he was getting from the locals. They stood at an appropriate distance away; yet, he could still feel their yearning and misplaced admirations for him. They didn't even know him. That didn't matter to the eligible women in Philly.

      Luckily, one spikey hair pixie saw a man in need and sprung to his defense. She skipped to his side and gave him a flyer she personally made and handed out to the town. Y'know, since she's apart of the town council. "Here ya go," She spoke cheerfully, confusing Jasper as he turned the flyer over in his hand.